CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
1. Support and provide inputs to Head, Risk Operations for developing operational model and shaping strategic agenda for Credit Initiation. 2. Manage a team of Managers, Underwriters and Analysts for Secured / Business Banking 3. Implement the operating model and strategic direction for Credit Initiation to best support process efficiencies and effectiveness. 4. Ownership of all aspects of the Risk Operations function covering strategy, TOM, capacity planning, policy implementation, DOIs and quality assurance. 5. Responsible to ensure proper monitoring and control of risks, efficiency, effectiveness and quality of Risk Operations in the country of responsibility. 6. Support and drive initiatives on
Standardization of activities
Automation of processes / activities
Hubbing and centralization of activities 7. Manage the post-launch activities (e.g. training) to ensure that policy/ process improvements or initiatives are properly implemented, consistently interpreted, understood and applied for the country. 8. Prevent occurrences of near misses or operational losses arising from ineffective credit processes or controls. 9. Direct oversight of Risk Operations to ensure proper management of in-country processes. 10. Provide assurance that the DOI and Role and Responsibilities implemented are being effectively executed and adhered to the country. 11. Work closely with the hubs (if applicable) to ensure that end to end processes work seamlessly, efficiently and effectively for the country. Oversight of the Credit Initiation outsourced activities in GBS.
1. Optimise operating efficiency while balancing the effectiveness of decision making within the Risk Operations function. 2. Ensure the cost budget in Risk Operations is based on robust capacity plans and is delivered through a rigorous cost management discipline. 3. Identify, coordinate and drive productivity projects.
1. Ensure that credit origination decisions are executed in line with the delegated authority while adhering to the process standards defined. 2. Lead and drive standardisation, automation and consolidation through re-engineering and process improvement initiatives for Credit Initiation. 3. Manage capacity planning. Develop and maintain robust and scalable Credit Initiation processes to execute risk management policies and strategies. 4. Leverage and build credit assessment infrastructure capability to optimize process efficiency. 5. Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees. 6. Identify and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to support strategy testing environment and daily operations.
People and Talent
1. Support the identification, engagement and retention of high quality CI at a country level. 2. Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives. 3. Ensure that holders of all critical roles are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks. 4. Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values within the Risk Operations team. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners. 5. Encourage and promote an active training and learning environment to facilitate excellence in risk management, risk awareness, behaviours and accountability.
1. Identify and share industry best practices and work with the businesses for their feasibility and implementation. 2. Develop a collaborative relationship with regulators, peer banks and fraud risk industry forums to help detect and mitigate fraud. 3. Ensure monitoring of through the door application quality by country Risk Operations team and timely feedback to in-country stakeholders for optimizing risk and reward relationship. 4. Ensure all CI policies and procedures in the country comply with Group Policies and Standards. Ensure proper and updated documentation in place for in-country policies and procedures.
1. Provide oversight across the Risk Operations team, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. 2. Embed the Group's values and code of conduct in Risk Operations to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employee forms part of the culture. 3. Accountable for satisfactory closure of issues / gaps arising from Internal Audits, peer reviews and regulatory reviews for the country.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
1. Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct. 2. Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct. 3. Lead the Credit Initiation, Risk Operations to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; and The Right Environment. 4. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
Internal Number: 6496575
About Standard Chartered Bank
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.