CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,300 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic.
Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Glasgow Office Profile
Morgan Stanley Glasgow was established in 2000, and is the firm's 5th largest location. Today we have over 1,500 people working in: Operations; Finance; Technology; Morgan Stanley Fund Services, Internal Audit, Legal and Compliance, Human Resources and Administration.
During 2018 we moved to our new city centre location, to a building that our people help to design. With the firm's Workplace Evolution strategy we have developed a new work environment with agile and collaborative spaces. With our new office we have added such services as: a Health Centre (Medical Centre and Gym); All Faith Room; Quite Room; Restaurant; Improved Accessible bathroom facilities; Gender Neutral Bathroom Facilities and Wudu Bathroom Facilities. We have established a near site GP service and a near site nursey.
To celebrate our new office we launched Morgan Stanley Health Cities in Glasgow. In the first 12 months we have delivered 30,000 school holiday meals, as well as play activities to the pupils of St Stephen's Primary School.
Our office charity partner is, SAMH (Scotland Mental Health Charity), with whom we are fundraising to provide vital mental health services in local schools.
During 2019 100% of our people volunteered in their community supporting schools and over 60 charities.
Firm Human Resources is committed to recruiting and retaining talented individuals and positioning them to excel. Our HR professionals provide a full range of services including: human capital planning; creating strategies to attract, develop and reward employees; promoting a diverse workforce; fostering employee engagement; designing competitive pay and benefit plans; and proactively addressing employee matters.
Our Glasgow Human Resources Team includes: EMEA Payroll; Talent (including Campus and Experienced Hire Recruitment, Talent Development and Diversity; EMEA International Services and HR Business Partners.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join our team as an HR Business Partner supporting one of our key business areas. Our team provides support and strategy at every level of Morgan Stanley's business. As business partners we help firm and business unit management with strategic direction in employee recruiting, retention, development and compensation.
HR Business Partners, partner with individual business units to drive performance through people by delivering services in data analysis, employee relations, and compensation analysis and performance management through:
- Providing full HR support to our clients, understanding their business and supporting them to manage their most important asset - their people.
- As the business partner for HR you will build strong relationships with HR Operations, Talent and Products to deliver a full HR service to your clients
- Provide regular updates to client groups on people metrics and support the business to use the metrics to drive their business forward
- Support, guide and coach management teams to enhance the performance of their teams ensuring that clear goals and objectives are in place and that all colleagues receive clear and objective performance feedback
- Guide the business through their challenges ensuring that people, diversity and policy are key to decisions
- Ensure the business manages its talent for success focusing on inclusion and career development
- Remain focused on risk and culture ensuring it is taken into account by the client when making decisions
- Maintain strong working relationships with coverage counterparts in EMEA and Globally
- Participate in all aspects of the clients global business
- Monitor and coordinate with clients on all aspects of relocation, immigration and visa processes
- Remain up to date on all aspects of UK employment legislation
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record as an HR Generalist in a commercial environment bringing a proven track record in all aspects of the employee life cycle.
- A strong communicator, the candidate will have proven experience in delivering presentations and conveying messages concisely and accurately using a wide variety of communication mediums.
- They will bring proven experience of building strong working relationships with their clients and improving their business through effective people strategies.
- They will bring a working knowledge of UK employment legislation and have gained experience in a commercial environment.
- Experience of a financial services environment is desirable but not essential.
- MCIPD qualification is preferred.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more. Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our https://www.linkedin.com/company/morgan-stanley/life/d76d12fa-ba6b-4962-9388-f9b8c53f50c0/ LinkedIn page and https://youtu.be/Ue0vNEImMyE Youtube channel. Build a career with impact. Apply today.
Internal Number: 6470841
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.