CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
At M&GPrudential our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
An opportunity exists for the appointment of a Senior Income Accountant within the M&G Financial Reporting Team.
The Income Team is responsible for the accounting and control of actual income data, production of plans, forecasts and associated statutory and management information for income across all M&G business units and entities.
· Ensuring accurate income accounting for all funds in remit
· Supporting the external audit of M&G's investment management fee revenue
· Supporting ongoing business change and technology projects
· Responsibility for production of monthly external income management accounts. This will include income earned from Segregated Institutional clients, Alternative Credit, Leveraged Loans, Fixed Income Restructuring and other Private Finance income streams.
· Production of rolling forecast (three years) for the area under responsibility
· Responsible for reviewing all inputs into the management accounts including funds under management.
· Provide variance analysis on key movements between actuals, budget, forecast changes and review the overall comments for External Fixed Income.
· Play a lead role and drive the on-going development of external income reporting, including the external income control environment
· Play a lead role in supporting the external audit of investment management revenue for M&G Group
· Support and contribute to income finance technology project
· Review and monitor Investment Management Agreements ensuring that these agreements reflect current billing arrangements in line with the semi-annual SOx control.
· Work effectively with Middle Office, Front Office, international Finance teams, FP&A, Commercial Finance and third party administrators
· Keep abreast of business and project developments; provide input and analysis with the wider finance team.
· This role will be responsible for a part qualified accountant.
You will have:
· An ability to manage tightly controlled processes
· Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to work accurately under pressure
· Strong analytical skills with an ability to analyse and present results
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work within a team environment
· Inquisitive with desire to understand every aspect of role
· An ability to identify problems and drive to follow them through to resolution
· A genuine interest in the M&G business and asset management industry
· Experience within the Asset Management industry is an advantage
· Experience in income accounting, statutory and management accounting would be useful
· Strong Excel Skills
· Experienced in working in a large financial services business
· Experience with liaising with external and internal auditors
· Experience of Hyperion, SUN and Revport an advantage
· Minimum 3 years post qualified experience (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
Recruiter Name: Tom Hunt
Closing Date: 20/09/2019
At M&GPrudential Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people.We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.
Internal Number: 6458444
About M&G Group
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.