CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Radius Radius 5 miles 15 miles 25 miles 35 miles 50 miles
Go Advisor, Supervision - New Accounts Review - Req. 1902620 Description
Location preference for this role will be at our St. Petersburg, FL headquarters. Experienced Supervision & Compliance candidates with experience in New Accounts Reviews, active FINRA Series 7, 24 and 66 in good standing, may be considered for other locations and remote/telecommuting
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Raymond James Financial Private Client Group is hiring a Supervisor to conduct ongoing reviews and ensure the firm and all associates are adhering to regulations and limiting firm liability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to new Financial Advisors and other staff to ensure adherence to regulation and firm policy and procedures.
- Review and approve new account master client agreement for client and account suitability.
- Conduct initial suitability review on new margin application requests for client and account suitability.
- Review initial new client accounts and branch explanations for client and account suitability.
- Detect and prevent possible employee conflicts of interest.
- Executes the plan of supervision for transitioning financial advisors and other staff to Raymond James including onboarding and continuous monitoring of conflicts of interest, state registrations, and outside activities.
- Proactively ensures compliance with applicable industry rules (State, FINRA & SEC) and platform policies and procedures as they apply to transitioning financial advisors and other staff.
- Interfaces with specific business platform sales management associates to inform them of any supervisory concerns that may arise and works together with them to address these concerns as well as to resolve any conflicts that may arise.
- Monitors and keeps up to date with securities/advisory regulations and applies them accordingly.
- Interprets, applies and recommends changes to organizational policies and procedures.
- May consult independently with staff and recommend actions to ensure compliance with existing rules and regulations as well as prevent potential liability.
- Uses financial data and performance indicators to propose and/or assist with establishing control mechanisms and other improvement initiatives. Identifies trends and assists with implementing corrective action as necessary.
- May assist new OSJ branch managers to assume their duties upon affiliation with the business platform through the training of new managers on all daily branch sales supervision activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Company-s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
- General office practices, procedures, and methods.
- Concepts, practices and procedures of securities industry and/or banking compliance, including suitability and other compliance issues involved with retail activity.
- Principles of banking, finance, and securities industry operations
- Rules and regulations of the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC); Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA); and state securities regulatory agencies; and/or Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) sufficient to perform the functions of this job.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases (E.g., Microsoft Office).
- Detail orientation to ensure firm adherence to policy & procedures.
- Utilizing business-appropriate phone skills.
- Organize, prioritize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments, including those delegated, to complete work efficiently.
- Independently manage and complete multiple projects and tasks; work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
- Work effectively with Financial Advisors as their sales supervisor and enforce company policies and procedures as necessary.
- Establish and communicate clear directions and priorities.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor-s degree (B.A) in a related discipline and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in supervision, sales management, operations, or compliance.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- Appropriate series license(s) for assigned functional area preferred or the ability to obtain within an established timeframe. o SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied. o Required to have Series 7, 24 and 66 o Series 9 and 10 can be used as an equivalent to the 24 - Additional licenses/certifications demonstrating the candidate-s knowledge/expertise in industry regulation and concepts preferred.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
Share This Job Current Raymond James Employees, click here »
Enter your corporate email address to refer a friend!
Submit Experienced Professionals Students & Recent Grads
SEARCH OUR JOBS
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
El Paso, Texas
Match Your Skills
Using your LinkedIn profile, find jobs matched to your skills and experience
Internal Number: 6444107
About Raymond James Financial Incorporated
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.