CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
To work within the Dublin Regulatory Relations team reporting to a Director and supporting the core businesses and Functions to effectively deliver a programme of work for EU regulators and to manage senior level relationships with those regulators.
- Ensure the regulators have access to the people and information they require to discharge their supervisory responsibilities with respect to Barclays
- Develop and communicate (oral and written) insights on Barclays' regulatory relationships and Barclays-specific issues, in addition to broader industry-wide issues / themes
- Use client relationship management technology platform (BRES) to record and facilitate reporting of regulatory engagement, issues and commitments
- Becoming a trusted adviser to business and Functions on regulatory and supervisory developments.
Support, Analysis and Reporting for Day-to-Day (Scheduled) Regulator Engagement
- Working either alone or directly with team members in coordinating and drafting of internal communications and briefs for BAU regulator meetings, attending meetings with regulators and senior staff, drafting meeting note, updating BRES and ensuring completion of any follow up actions after the meeting
- Coordinating timely and successful delivery of information and notifications (both regular and ad hoc) with relevant subject matter specialists and internal stakeholders including:
- ensuring appropriate allocation to relevant AE
- facilitating discussion with regulator around timelines and requested information
- providing background and advising on regulator's interest
- checking timely delivery
- Identifying and articulating commitments made to regulators, ensuring timely and appropriate syndication of commitments to owners and facilitating discussion between business and BRES reporting team
Supporting Strategic Engagement with Regulators
- Engagement with EU regulators outside of scheduled supervisory engagement to include:
- drafting of relevant internal communications, briefing materials and meeting notes and summaries
- preparing management / colleagues for meetings / calls with the regulators (including reviewing and commenting on the substance and form of any related presentations / materials)
- using the relationship management technology platform (BRES) to record and facilitate reporting in connection with the engagement
- developing insights / key messages for written / oral communication to internal stakeholders in connection with the engagement
Advise and assist with:
- responses to positions taken by regulators (e.g. letters)
- regulator view of specific transactions or business opportunities
- impact of changes to regulator or regulator personnel
- status of commitments to regulators
- advice to senior stakeholders on regulatory engagement issues.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Excellent communication skills - spoken and written
- Self-starter and proactive with high levels of initiative, problem solving and prioritisation skills
- High degree of social skills, able to deal with a range of people and situations, including comfort working with very senior personnel; excellent team player
- Excellent time-keeping and personal presentation
- Very high level of confidentiality/discretion required
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- An interest in, and awareness of, regulation, politics and finance
- Strong academic qualifications, ideally Legal, Economics or Finance degree
- Experience and knowledge of the European & Irish regulatory framework, ideally prudential regime (capital, liquidity, financial stability, and/or recovery & resolution)
- Familiarity with banking sector regulatory reforms, including Banking Union
- Strong planning and organisation skills with the ability to multi-task, turnaround requests quickly, and work at high pace whilst maintaining accuracy
- High level PC skills (Outlook/e-mail systems, Microsoft Word/PowerPoint/ Excel, Internet & IntranetHigh level PC skills (Outlook/e-mail systems, Microsoft Word/PowerPoint/ Excel, Internet & Intranet)
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Exposure to blue chip financial services organisation
- Experience from a European regulatory authority, such as European Central Bank, BaFin, Bundesbank, Central Bank of Ireland, Banca D'Italia, or Banque de France
- Thorough knowledge of Barclays and how to get things done within Barclays to ensure the right level of support is provided and also for researching information and resolving queries
Internal Number: 6069550
About Barclays UK
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.