CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Do you want to protect the financial system from direct and indirect sanctions risk? Are you someone who likes to do the right thing? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity? We are looking for someone like that who can:
- Perform real-time payment hit handling as a member of the second cut review team to assess sanctions alerts and decision appropriately; monitor/ test first-cut team's review of and decisioning of sanctions alerts; conducting training for the first cut team
- be familiar with sanctions laws and regulations including OFAC and EU sanctions and other pertinent regulatory guidance in order to assess sanctions risks and decision sanctions alerts, Conduct testing of sanctions-related controls and recommend changes and/or escalate issues as appropriate to include changes made to the sanctions lists provided by the vendor during filter system updates and releases to ensure accurate and optimal outputs
- update training materials related to sanctions risks, update team policies and procedures, compile metric statistics to help compile management information documents
- analyze sanctions direct and indirect legal and reputational risks in investment bank deals and transactions, client on-boarding/periodic reviews, trade finance reviews, and third party payment escalations
- conduct various sanctions control tests as appropriate and escalate to Regional Sanctions Head and Regional Team Manager potential sanctions control gaps recommending ways to enhance or change existing controls or where new controls may be appropriate
- prepare OFAC blocking, unblocking, and reject reports, assist with preparing the annual blocked property reports, help ensure their timely filing and assist the Regional Head and Regional Team Manager in drafting disclosures and other sanctions relevant regulatory notifications
- support senior staff in researching and responding to regulatory and related requests and Sanctions Risk Assessments, ensure proper maintenance of the proprietary watch lists and keywords sanctions list, support the maintenance of OFAC-related logs and documentation for Audit, regulatory and supervisory reviews, and maintain departmental procedures.
We are currently seeking a Financial Crime Americas Sanctions Senior Analyst in the Tri-State area who will be working within the C&ORC Financial Crime team. Our role is to assist UBS in the fight against money laundering, fraud, corruption and terrorist financing.
You have: - 4 year college degree or international equivalent - 2+ years of AML experience, preferably in Sanctions, with a wealth management, broker dealer, retail and/or private bank, and/or correspondent bank or equivalent experience at a law firm, regulatory agency, financial institution, major consulting firm, government agency, or in law enforcement - experience with relevant sanctions laws and regulations including having the ability to analyze the Code of Federal Regulations for determining permissible transactions and business activity - experience drafting training documents, writing procedures, and compiling management information documents. - experience handling payments and other sensitive information with a high degree of discretion with a focus on the maintenance of client privacy - proficiency in Microsoft Excel including use of v-look up, pivot tables and macros a plus - working knowledge and ability to execute a variety of other computer based and proprietary systems to include LexisNexis, Internet Explorer, other MS Office applications, and/or various compliance related and database systems. - excellent verbal/written and should be analytically and technologically advanced
You are: - analytical, with the ability to provide practical solutions and prioritize a diverse workload with multiple deadlines - result-oriented and assertive (you don't shy away from challenging situations) - highly flexible and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and change directions based on business demands and able to prioritize a diverse workload with multiple deadlines
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Internal Number: 6306456
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.