CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
We are part of Link Group, a leading global provider of financial administration solutions. As one of Europe's leading asset servicing platforms, Link Asset Services interacts with almost 6m investors, administering and safeguarding £600bn of assets across 10 highly regulated markets.
Our Milan office has been established in Italy since July 2017. It aims to attract enthusiastic, eager to learn and dedicated individuals.
In order to sustain our growing business in Milan, we are looking for a talented and dedicated Senior Asset Manager.
Within our Case Management team, the person will be responsible for, interfacing with both the client and meeting their objectives and timeframes.
The main responsibilities of the position will include the following:
- Responsibility for approximately 70 borrower connections requiring effective and efficient management, ensuring that actions are in line with all relevant LINK and/or legislative policies (as well as Private Equity client requirements) in order to deliver agreed goals;
- Conduct due diligence on the loan portfolio by formulating and recommending the optimal strategy for maximising loan recovery;
- Proactive management of underlying assets securing loans, including implementation of strategies for debt recovery and ongoing management of secured assets in a timely fashion;
- Ability to determine optimal strategies with reference to underlying values and property market trends;
- Ensure that agreed team targets/goals are delivered in line with clients' requests and expectations;
- Ensure the team delivers accurate and robust MI as requested by the clients;
- Act as point of contact for any escalation of issues from clients;
- Ability to effectively lead and develop a team of (Junior) Asset Managers and Analysts (around 6 people), promoting collaborative teamwork, acting as a role model and leading by example to ensure objectives are achieved;
- Provide mentoring support to Asset Managers and other team members to maximise their performance and help promote staff development.
The position holder should possess the following key attributes:
- University degree in Banking or Economics/Finance/Private Equity;
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience with a Private Equity client or NPL Servicer or Real Estate Asset Management;
- Significant experience in credit analysis and associated loan documentation, coupled with a strong background in managing complex problem cases.
- Ability to negotiate complex contracts involving multiple third parties and lawyers a distinct advantage.
- Due diligence experience – ability to work with limited information to form strategies regarding borrower connections.
- Strong financial analysis skills with ability to review; understand and interpret audited financial accounts, management accounts and financial forecasts.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with both employees and clients, leadership and ability to share knowledge;
- Effective communicator, influencer and negotiator with an ability to communicate at all levels;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience of working in a client facing role and of negotiating with distressed borrowers and their advisors.
- Demonstrate an organised approach to work, and an ability to prioritise and reprioritise when necessary to ensure critical tasks are delivered accurately and by the agreed deadlines;
- Established experience in team management and ability to motivate people;
- Fluent in English and Italian (any other language would be considered as an asset);
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft packages (with key focus on Excel) with the ability to learn quickly other relevant systems.
You will be joining a team that works in a friendly, co-operative and supportive environment, as well as a company that will provide you with the opportunity to progress.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work in a dynamic environment, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application with your CV here.
Internal Number: 6129473
About Link Asset Services
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.