CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. . Purpose of Job 1. The Senior Operations Representative - Help Desk will provide professional, courteous and accurate customer service within operating service levels when responding to a variety of phone and email inquiries from iTRADE front lines. Inquiries may be simple "how to" questions but can also include account approval, error corrections, expedited processing and escalated or complex requests. The incumbent will be a Brokerage Operations subject-matter expert with specific focus on Account Opening, Cash Management, Regulatory Documentation and Brokerage Transfers. They will also have working knowledge of other operational areas including registered products (RSP's, RIF's & RESPs).
2. When not responding to inquiries, the incumbent will provide expert support within the Operations department. They will process service requests, in particular those that involve complexity and/or interaction with bank branches or other support departments, all within established team service levels and personal KPI's. At times, they may process expedited requests including account approval of lifting funds restrictions.
3. As a seasoned and experienced member of the team, they may be called upon to assist outbound and inbound teams at Scotia iTRADE when required. This will include direct contact with current and prospective clients, answering general inquiries or requesting missing documentation to complete a transaction.
Key Accountabilities 1. Deliver a superior and expert level of customer service:
Provide industry leading customer service when responding to emails or phone calls from iTRADE front line staff.
Adhere to scheduling and working hours which may change from time to time in order to ensure the Help Desk is always sufficiently staffed and ready to provide assistance to iTRADE front lines.
Maintain expert knowledge of all subject matter areas, with particular focus on Onboarding, Brokerage Transfers or Cash Management. Seek out opportunities to cross train with other areas as products, processes or requirements are created or changed.
Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Registered Products, Account Maintenance and Regulatory by active self-learning, iWALK and job shadowing sessions.
Efficiently resolve complaints and or problems; where necessary, escalate issues to appropriate level.
Perform corrections and adjustments to client accounts as required within authorized limits or within management approval.
When unable to provide immediate response to inquiries, take ownership and act as a liaison between various internal departments.
Draft well written and accurate client correspondence on behalf of department.
Participate fully in Call Monitoring Program to ensure high quality customer service for all verbal communications and be receptive to constructive criticism when required.
Complete courses / attend skill-building sessions as approved by manager, to ensure an up to date knowledge of industry policies and procedures.
Participate in one-on-one coaching with Team Manager for personal growth and development.
Create cross training opportunities with other members by sharing knowledge and subject matter expertise.
2. Efficient and exceptional handling of client requests:
Maintain first class knowledge of policies and procedures with Onboarding, Brokerage Transfers, or Cash Management.
Engage in superior analysis and decision making when handling client requests. Provide concrete and consistent rationale if requests cannot be completed. Where possible, offer alternate processes or requirements.
Ensure a high level of transactional competence and exercise good judgement when correcting errors/making adjustments to client requests.
Remain current and knowledgeable about new or changing policies and procedures as they are posted to WealthNet.
Identify incorrect or out of date WealthNet content and bring to the attention of Management. When necessary work with WealthNet team to provided updated content.
3. Collaborate with business and support departments to ensure business needs are met:
Participate actively in team learning, development and team performance activities including team meetings and coaching sessions.
Take ownership of requests even when the cross department lines to ensure transactions are completed efficiently and accurately.
Act as liaison between Trading & Service and other business and support departments when completing client inquiries.
Investigate and follow up on inquiries by collaborating with Legal/Compliance, Regulatory, AML and Management as required.
Work on special projects as assigned - KRC's, SOP's, Staff training, WealthNet updates.
Provide skill building / education (iWalk) sessions for Management and other department staff.
Cross train and provide back up within and across the department.
Cross train and provide limited emergency back-up for the Trading & Service Call Centre.
4. To minimize potential risk and harm for the business:
Build and maintain thorough knowledge of KYC, AML, ATF, Privacy, FATCA, Compliance rules and regulations.
If IIROC licensed, ensure necessary continuing education requrirements are met.
Act quickly to mitigate errors and reduce firm exposure.
Functional Competencies 1. The incumbent will work independently within the boundaries of existing business policies and guidelines. They are expected to respond to front line staff calls and emails not limited to Onboarding, Brokerage Transfers or Cash Management.
2. Additionally, they are expected to balance and prioritize incoming requests alongside project work assigned to them. During peak periods the incumbent may be required to assist their colleagues and even provide on the spot assistance to the Trading & Service Call Centre.
3. The incumbent will escalate complex issues to Management and/or Compliance where appropriate They will provide guidance and non-formal feed back to their junior colleagues and act as a subject matter expert for the department. The incumbent does not have the authority to override policy without Management approval but is encouraged and expected to highlight policy inefficiencies.
4. Due to the fast paced nature of Online Brokerage, some stress (mental and physical) can occur during peak periods i.e. volatile financial markets, complicated regulatory policies and difficult end client interactions. This position is physically stationary (desk with phone, computer, and some meetings). There is regular use of PC and internet technologies.
5. The incumbent must be able to manage multiple interruptions from staff, other departments, branches etc, while at the same time maintaining his / her workload. The incumbent must be able to rapidly respond to inquiries in an intelligent and informed fashion.
6. Flexibility with working hours to maintain overall Help Desk coverage is required sometimes beyond the typical 9-5 workday. Some evenings/weekends and holiday coverage may be required.
Work Experience and Skill Requirements
Expert level knowledge of the brokerage industry, including Onboarding, Brokerage Transfers and Cash Management.
Working knowledge of regulatory policies and procedures, including AML, ATF, KYC, FATCA, CASL and Privacy.
Impeccable written and verbal communication skills combined with a high degree interpersonal skills and service quality.
Concrete critical thinking skills with the ability to problem solve in real time or tight timeframes.
High degree of accuracy and attention to detail when inputting data.
Able to work in a fast paced environment with volumes directed by market activity, customer demands and seasonal peaks.
Self-organized with the ability to work independently to resolve client requests.
Ability to work with colleagues on a specialized small team and organize with minimal instruction to ensure daily desk coverage is maintained.
Experience using brokerage applications including AS400, COLD, Host on Demand/Broadridge, STAR, SCORE, OAM and Webpost.
Demonstrated PC skills including Microsoft Word and analytics using Microsoft Excel including spreadsheets and database management.
Education and Industry Minimum Requirements
College or University degree.
3+ years of brokerage industry experience; direct investing experience an asset.
Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct and Practice Handbook (CPH).
Completion of Derivatives Fundamentals Course (DFC), Options Licensing Course (OLC) and Options and Supervisors Course (OSC) an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Bank, Banking, Developer, Operations, Finance, Technology
Internal Number: 6283170
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.