CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities · Assist the Manager in consistent delivery of high quality services to customers through meeting or exceeding customer expectation guided by the Service Level Agreement, efficiency / accuracy standards and good business processes / judgments.
· Primarily process within the TAT agreed with CPC in the SLA and also other functions as requested by the Team Manager
· Assist the Manager in managing the cost budget allocated to the team by ensuring optimum utilization of available resources, implementation of creative cost-reduction solutions and minimizing wastage.
· Assist in managing the operational risk of the team to avoid operational / reputational losses and ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company / Group.
· Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems in the team to measure the qualitative performance of the team / individuals, facilitate improvement initiatives and help cultivate a "Service Excellence" culture among the team members.
· Verify transactions processed by Officer and authorize those that fall within own-delegated release authority.
· Checking of and/or approving customer instruction against CMO system.
· Assist the team manager in overseeing the daily operations of the team and contribute towards meeting the team's objectives.
· Ensure that the set productivity targets (efficiency, accuracy, etc.) and processing turnaround standards are achieved (within own area of responsibility).
· Contribute to the development of Officer and Senior Officer by guiding, coaching, motivating, supporting and assisting selected number of Officer and Senior Officer. · Be guided accordingly and aware of the roles and responsibilities for anti-money laundering prevention and sanctions related checking (i.e. Understanding the policy, reporting procedure and escalation procedure)
· Ensure due care and diligence is exercised on day to day operational matters relating to anti-money laundering and Sanctions related checking, by acquiring relevant knowledge and training and provide support to superiors and subordinates.
· Conforming and adhering to the Team's risk profile, by following the guidelines / policies / procedures stipulated for Operation Losses, Escalation Procedures, CMO Policies, and reconciliation of outstanding items, scanning, SCSTAR and end-of-day reports.
· Comply with exceptions for Callback, Signature Verification and Payment Processing in which respective role needs to be performed independently.
· Any ad-hoc roles changes will require Head of Department or Manager's approval before assuming new role temporarily or permanently in line with segregation of duties.
Our Ideal Candidate · Achieves the processing turnaround standards as stipulated in the Service Level Agreement between the dept. and various Spoke countries and meeting productivity standards in terms of processing efficiency and accuracy of output.
· Meeting of own performance objectives and contribute in achieving the team's objectives.
· Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems and achieving the quality objectives and standards set.
· Coaching selected team members to achieve the desired level of productivity and competency.
· Contributing ideas for improvement on processes, procedures, end-to-end processing, etc. to team management.
· Complete non-routine assigned task (e.g. testing, BCP) within the set deadline.
· No complaints from customers related to poor and indifferent service attitude and discourtesy. To pick up calls by 3 rings using standard script and practice standard code of SQ one bank.
· Zero operational write-offs. No transaction errors/operational losses through accurate processing or data input with effective control and risk management.
· No major adverse findings from internal auditors or external auditors including quality audits.
· Higher productivity as staffs understands and subscribes to total Quality concept.
· Higher efficiency in CMO systems processing and improved work procedure via continuous system enhancements and revised work procedures.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
Internal Number: 6113248
About Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.