CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Position: Fund Manager Division: Asset Management Location: Doha, Qatar
We have the following Fund Manager positions:
· Alternative Funds Manager
· Equity Fund Manager
· Fixed Income Fund Manager
The Fund Manager is responsible for the management of funds and client investment portfolios created by your relevant function. You are responsible for the achievement of budgeted performance objectives for the funds and portfolios under management in compliance with established policies, procedures, standards and regulatory requirements. You are responsible for the efficient and timely execution of transactions and for addressing questions or enquiries in connection with the portfolios under management.
· Contributes to the business development planning process in connection with the Fund management function.
· Contributes to the implementation of the business plan, with the aim of achieving set volume, revenue, and profit objectives.
· Focuses on the achievement of the associated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to be monitored periodically.
· Ensures the application of best market practice across all aspects of his/her fund and portfolio management activities.
· Identifies new business opportunities in conjunction with the respective unit heads and thereby contributes to business growth.
· Operates within the targeted departmental budget and in accordance with individually assigned investment activity parameters.
· Liaises with Group Operations re: the operational aspects of your investment activity.
· Contributes to the provision of value-added services to existing/potential clients, with the aim of meeting/exceeding clients' performance expectations.
· Works with colleagues to maintain effective relationships with associated business functions including Custodians, Auditors, Trustees etc).
· Contributes to the timely and accurate supply of information to external and internal auditors, Group Compliance, and Group Risk - as and when required.
· Co-ordinates with the Operations Division re: the timely and accurate processing of all fund/portfolio-related documentation (e.g. Articles of Association, Information Memorandum, Investment Management Agreement, Investment Policy Statement, Risk Profile, Term Sheet etc.).
· Works within the permitted parameters of AM's mandate for the purchase and sale of financial securities
· Processes orders, forms and applications re: the purchase and sale of securities in accordance with the investment guidelines stipulated in respect of each individual fund/portfolio.
· Prepares and verifies internal reporting as and when required.
· Provides market intelligence to those colleagues who may require it.
· Identifies and successfully capitalizes on cross-sell opportunities and makes referrals accordingly.
· Resolves queries and/or addresses complaints.
· Provides timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors, the Compliance function and Group Risk, as and when required.
· Works closely with (and helps to motivate) colleagues with the aim of enhancing staff and fund/portfolio performance.
· Actively contributes to discussions re: the introduction of new funds/portfolios.
· Contributes to the preparation of Investment Management Agreements, Investment Policy Statements, Term Sheets etc. in accordance with the directions of the AGM Investment & Funds Management.
· Actively contributes to the launch of new funds/portfolios.
· Monitors closely the performance of the funds/portfolios under his/her management and takes remedial action if and when required.
· Acts, at all times, in accordance with the 'fair dealing' principle.
· Receives and provides his opinion, where appropriate, on the Net Asset Value (NAV) calculations re: those funds/portfolios which are under management.
· Ensures on-going compliance with the articles of association of each of the funds/portfolios under his/her management.
· Contributes to the development of the policies and procedures governing Fund/Portfolio Management activity.
· Monitors the regulatory compliance of the funds/portfolios under management.
· Manages, controls, monitors, and assumes responsibility for the funds/portfolios under management.
· Acts within the limits of the powers delegated to you.
· Is responsible for implementing any action plan which may be required by Group Internal Audit, external auditors, regulators, or Group Compliance, in order to address any potential control weakness or compliance irregularity.
· Contributes to the on-going application of internal Asset Management Policies and Procedures.
· Prepares fund/portfolio performance reports as and when required by the Head of Alternative Investments.
· Contributes to the maintenance and collation of portfolio-related data for inclusion in MIS reports.
· Participates in regular meetings with colleagues in order to monitor and assess the unit's performance on an ongoing basis, and to share market understanding and intelligence.
· Possesses a superior knowledge of the Fund/Portfolio Management business and its related risks, together with a good knowledge of operations and control.
· Identify areas for professional self-development.
· Ensures the highest standards of ethics and client confidentiality.
· Contributes to the timely resolution of grievances or conflicts within the Funds/Portfolio Management team.
· At least a Bachelor's degree in Business, Commerce, Finance, Mathematics or Economics.
· CFA or equivalent professional certification is a requirement.
· A minimum 6 years Fund/Portfolio Management experience, of which 3 years should have been in a similar role
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including report writing) in English
· Ability to communicate confidently with all levels of management.
· Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
· Good knowledge of the Portfolio Management Business.
· Superior relationship management skills.
· Understanding and awareness of risk management concepts, techniques and practices.
· Understanding of the relevant laws, regulations and practices.
· Ability to make decisions and follow through with initiatives.
· Personal integrity and self-management.
· Outstanding problem solving and decision-making skills.
· Planning, organizing and analytical ability.
· Results oriented.
· Strong analytical skills
Internal Number: 6263920
About Westbourne Partners
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.