CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The MSIM Finance team currently comprises of the EMEA CFO and a team of 10 individuals, supporting the Investment Management business (Active Fundamental Equity, Global Fixed Income, Global Liquidity, Solutions & Multi-Asset, Real Assets and Private Credit & Equity) in EMEA.
The team comprises two sub-functions: Legal Entity Control and Business Unit Control. This role is within the Legal Entity Control sub-function and will involve oversight of two regulated legal entities, and associated branches.
There are three key themes within the MSIM Finance team:
- Management and Board Reporting
- Legal Entity Control and Governance
- Business Advisory - providing support on key business decisions
- Preparation of statutory financial statements including liaison with auditors
- Preparation of other compliance reporting including submissions to the US Federal Reserve
- Preparation of monthly Legal Entity management and board packs, providing variance analysis and commentary
- Perform month end close and due diligence to ensure integrity of financial information
- Ability to present financial information in both written and verbal communication to senior management
- Liaison with other internal groups including Tax, Company Secretarial, Bank Resource Management and Treasury on Legal Entity matters
- Supporting Legal Entity initiatives within the firm and involvement in projects impacting the legal entities
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly governance and reporting giving commentary over financials and asset flow information
- Ad hoc support to the BU and Finance stakeholders
As an associate, you will be responsible for demonstrating an ability to manage your work load effectively, develop practical solutions to problems whilst balancing multiple issues and priorities appropriately.
- Strong analytical, organisational and documentation skills
- Ideally studying towards a professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient in data mining and summarising and presenting themes and results in a meaningful format
- Able to build good relationships with stakeholders and manage projects which impact a variety of business and finance areas
- Highly numerate with a close attention to detail, and demonstrate a strong commitment to developing your own skills
- Have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Internal Number: 6115618
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.