CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
1. Extraction, preparation and audit of data and model definitions to ensure accuracy and completeness.
2. Develop new, maintain and enhance IRB and IFRS9 models according to industry standards.
3. Prepares and maintains the required and supporting documentations, reports and analysis.
4. Ensures that the model meet the SCB model standards, internal governance process and relevant regulations.
5. Assessment, identification and resolution of project risks covering project initiation, data request, development, approval, validation, system implementation and business usage.
6. Support the implementation of IRB and IFRS9 models through preparation of business requirement/specification, UAT and deployment
7. Ensures the timely completion of the deliverables according to plan. Successful management of the project. Tracking of end-to-end timelines and deliverables.
8. Develop experience and knowledge in Standard Chartered Bank databases, systems and modeling techniques.
9. Conduct peer review and/or audit of other projects.
Our Ideal Candidate
1. Preferred: Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Math, Operations Research or other related field (Masters a plus)
2. Good understanding of BIPRU, CRR and local regulatory requirements. Awareness of updates on regulations.
3. Good understanding of credit risk for the retail portfolio and retail banking products.
4. Proficient statistical programming skills in SAS (and other statistical software a plus), strong analytical skills and understanding of quantitative and statistical analysis. Strong experience with: DATA step data manipulation with arrays, do-loops, and merges; SAS Macro language, SAS/GRAPH, PROC SQL experience, OLS and logistic regression, univariate and multivariate statistical analysis, CART and/or CHAID.
5. Demonstrated excellence in analytical thought leadership and problem solving
6. Able to creatively apply analytical solutions to business problems
7. Able to manage multiple concurrent projects effectively
8. Solid written and verbal communication ability, including the ability to put together clear, concise, and accurate reports and e-mail communication
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
Internal Number: 6106058
About Standard Chartered Bank
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.