CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients businesses and to our own.
Finance technology provides solutions for Product Control, Valuation Control, Tax, Accounting, Regulatory, WM & IM Finance, Loans and Spend Management Technology.
Senior big data / database engineer to work in the Finance Domain with at least 7 years of hands-on experience. The candidate must have in-depth expertise in application, database administration, physical data modeling and performance engineering expertise in large scale enterprise class data platform installations. The candidate will work with the Finance Technology data persistence team to implement state-of-the-art big data and database platforms to support transactional, analytical and big data processing for on and off premises installations. The candidate will work to accelerate the testing and deployment of applications across various data containers in our ecosystem. This candidate must be a hands-on technologist who can navigate across various classes of database engines including MPP, OLTP, in-memory databases, etc. Experience in emerging cloud-based database technologies and Hadoop ecosystems are also desired. The candidate must have a strong desire to learn and expand their knowledge of new technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in designing and architecting large-scale database deployments for production, development and testing environments, which include planning, configuration, installation, performance tuning, monitoring and support
- 5+ years experience working in Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) database platforms such as Teradata, GreenPlum, Exadata, and/or IBM-DB2.
- 5+ years experience working in OLTP database platforms such as
- Sybase, DB2, SQL Server or Oracle.
- Knowledge of and experience in emerging cloud-based databases such as MEMSQL, Snowflake, Azure are a huge plus
- Good understanding of Distributed Systems and Parallel Processing architecture
- Innovative thinking and deep technology expertise, self-motivated team player, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with results oriented dedication towards goals
- Proficient in Waterfall & Agile development methodology especially when applied to state-full data environments
- Perform hands-on data modeling, database tuning and outage triage
Experience in database engineering and administration must be able to perform these types of activities:
- Logical/Physical modeling.
Must have wide experience in following tactics in a number of the database technologies;
- Performance and Tuning
- Workload Management
- Export/Import Utilities
- Range Partitions
- Complex SQL constructs
- Master in understanding explains
- Extensive work in ETL process consisting of data transformation, data validation, data sourcing, mapping, data conversion and loading.
- Proficient in understanding business processes / requirements and translating them into technical requirements.
- Proficient in Data Architecture in Teradata Data or other data warehousing environment.
- Extensively worked with large Databases (200TB) in Production environments.
- Data Processing experience in designing and implementing EDW, mainly transformation processes using ETL tools such as Informatica Power
- Center or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in implementation of transformations, scripts and execution of test plans for loading the data successfully into the targets.
- Worked extensively on Logical/Extended Logical and Physical Data modeling. Good working knowledge of Power Designer 16.10
- Exposure to Data Mapping/Modelling for data warehousing and Acquisition/Conversion related tasks.
- Thorough understanding and good practical knowledge of creating, managing and using database object like User, Database, Views, Macros, Index.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for continuous learning/personal development, team person, excellent customer service.
- Certified Teradata Master Professional or other database engine certifications
- Degree in CS, Engineering or equivalent
- Strong preference for candidates with Finance Domain experience including the Detailed Sub Ledger, General Ledger, Risk and/or Regulatory.
- Preference for candidates with hands-on MemSQL or Greenplum experience
- Converting application from traditional RDBMS into memSQL touching ETL/Procs/reporting.
- Physical design and implementation
- Import Export utilities with MemSQL
- MemSQL integration with Hadoop and spark.
- Database architecture and development. SQL expertise
- Good knowledge of Hadoop ecosystems, HDFS, Big Data
These skills are a plus
Big Data Tools: Sqoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, Flume, Kafka, Hadoop, MapR
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Internal Number: 6098147
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.