CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
The Underwriter is responsible for evaluating risk and underwriting all types of medical professional liability policies including, but not limited to physician, miscellaneous medical, excess, slot, RRG, facility and umbrella policies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION #1: OBJECTIVE: Underwriting
• Underwrite policies that include physician, slot, miscellaneous medical professional liability, excess, RRG, facility and umbrella liability
• Profitable risk selection of new and renewal business following department underwriting guidelines.
• Initiate non-renewals / cancellations and present to Underwriting Committee as needed • Cancel/re-write policy coverage
• Prepare new, renewal & tail quotations
• Premium authority level of up to $1,500,000 for new business physician accounts and $2,000,000 on facility accounts. These levels do not apply to renewal business if the account has been renewed “as is” in terms of the overall credit structure or if the Underwriter has consulted with the Department Head, to adjust the credit structure.
• Analyze and re-underwrite applicable policy renewals (including loss analysis for possible adjustment of credits), which requires attention to what should be done more so than to what was done at the previous renewal Underwriting requests for policy changes
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION #2: OBJECTIVE: New business and renewal retention
• Contribute to company and department new business and renewal retention goals.
• Personally interface with agents and insureds as needed.
• Work with the VP, UW/PHS in the development and presentation of renewal proposals as required.
• Work with other departments to quote and write new business
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with agents and other partners
The successful candidate will at least 5 years of medical professional liability underwriting experience. Candidate will possess an active P&C license (or obtain w/in 6 months of employment), strong written and verbal communication, produce high quality of work with sound problem solving and decision-making skills.
Experience in health care facilities, hospital systems and excess underwriting is high desired.
Telecommuting is allowed.
COPIC is a mission-driven medical professional liability company that uses insurance as a tool to better medicine. We are committed to helping the physicians, providers, and facilities in the communities we serve through:
· Patient safety and quality improvement;
· Defending the practice of good medicine;
· Disciplined underwriting that promotes the best practice in health care; and
· Public policy advocacy for access to quality health care.
We offer top quartile pay and benefits package, and a great work environment with fun, friendly and smart people who truly enjoy their work.
BACK TO TOP
CAIA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else CAIA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at CAIA Career Center.