CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
The vacancy is for a Compliance Monitoring Officer in the Compliance Monitoring Team to participate in monitoring reviews focussed on Asset and Wealth Management entities in the UK and overseas. The job will include all parts of the monitoring process, including planning, fieldwork and testing, agreeing findings with business and various stakeholders, report writing and follow up. The jobholder will be expected to work flexibly and cover all aspects of regulation necessary to execute the reviews on the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
The main responsibilities of the role:
1. Conducting reviews - Undertake risk-based compliance monitoring reviews of regulated activities efficiently and to a high professional standard. Drive forward compliance monitoring reviews and tasks to completion, in accordance with the Group's Global Compliance Monitoring Standards. Apply vigilance, inquisitiveness, good judgment and common sense in all monitoring activities. Promote awareness across the firm of high standards of regulatory risk management. Be willing to challenge management and existing processes in light of higher regulatory standards and expectations. This includes planning, sample testing and fieldwork (sometimes overseas), managing stakeholders' expectations, identifying relevant issues and agreeing remedial actions with business owners, and maintaining thorough records.
2. Reporting - Draft reports from monitoring reviews, including detailed findings and remedial actions in a timely manner, for review by Head of Compliance Monitoring and compliance management. Collate Management Information (MI) for all compliance surveillance and reviews for reporting to senior management, Boards and committees.
3. Tracking - keep management informed and the Compliance Monitoring Plan updated with progress. Ensure monitoring findings are recorded in appropriate systems, oversee the resolution and follow-up with business management on any overdue items.
4. Risk assessments - periodically review and update compliance risk assessments, which form the basis of the compliance monitoring programme. Liaise with Heads of Compliance in other jurisdictions' to ensure timely and thorough completion and updating of risk assessments for their jurisdictions.
5. Collaboration - liaise with colleagues in Compliance, Risk, Legal and Internal Audit regarding monitoring plans, reviews, findings, themes and controls issues. Demonstrate a positive, collaborative and constructive approach with all business colleagues.
6. Administration - ensure that well-organised files are maintained of review work undertaken to evidence completion of monitoring plan and findings. Assist preparation of compliance papers for various committees and boards in relation to monitoring; oversee maintenance of related data and records.
7. Other ad-hoc tasks as may be required from time to time.
3 - 5 Years' work experience in Compliance within Asset or Wealth Management - preferably including some experience in compliance monitoring;
Broad regulatory knowledge, including MiFID II, AIFMD, UCITS, and AML, with experience of overseas regulations an advantage;
Able to work to tight deadlines, remain calm under pressure, and multitask
Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability and confidence to interact with and influence senior management
Thorough and with good attention to detail
Ability to assimilate and interpret information quickly
Assertive, inquisitive, willing to challenge
Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team environment
Reliable, proactive and well organised
Other relevant professional qualification (IMC etc.) desirable
Proficient in use of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and internet
Internal Number: 5900327
About Schroders Investment Management
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.