CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Global Risk Store is a data warehouse that is a capturing risk data of the Equity division. Our system is responsible to process the incoming data (over a billion records every day), and feed information to the trading desk, helping them to make critical decisions. We also act as a gateway to the backoffice - we are in contact with many other teams/systems within the firm, feeding them with the required data.
The platform uses the KDB+ and the associated Q language extensively together with Java and scripting languages (shell, python, perl). The team is located in Budapest and New York (12 and 3 developers), but we are also in daily contact with colleagues in other regions around the globe.
An example of the projects that we are focusing this year is related to FRTB - a new set of regulatory requirements for financial institutions. From our perspective, the challenge is to handle a magnitude grow in the data, while we also have to reduce the overall processing time to meet the tighter SLAs.
Another project is focusing on the front-to-back integration of the different systems in the wider organization, removing the legacy components and unifying the data representation of certain financial products.
What we can offer is strong technical mentorship, various internal trainings, exposure to a wide range of technologies as well as opportunity to learn about financial products and the banking industry. We are looking for people who are open-minded, eager to learn and willing to make the effort to grow into the role. You will get the necessary time, support and resources for that. Our team has a good tradition of helping new members.
- Gathering and clarifying requirements; collaborating with BU stakeholders and lead engineers of the wider team in order to understand technical and business requirements that will drive solutions
- Automating new dataflows; delivering design and code, perform testing, supporting production deployment and post production activities
- Working closely with your direct colleagues. Our team is strongly integrated, where the peer-to-peer work is highly appreciated.
If you apply, you should
- Be interested in functional programming - a significant part of our codebase is developed in Q
- Be interested in finance - understanding our data is a key, and for that you will need to learn the basic concepts of the equity business
- Have good communication skills
- Have good analytical- and problem-solving skills
- Experience with data, either practical knowledge of SQL or experience in any NoSQL solution
- Hands-on experience in Java - many of our key components are implemented in it
- Ability to work in Unix/Linux environment - all of our applications are running on Linux servers
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Internal Number: 5874377
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.