CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Within the professional services environment, appropriate risk management is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services and promotion and protection of our brand. Within EY, the Risk Management (RM) group (which covers audit Independence, regulatory requirements, Legal, Enterprise and Business Risk) is responsible for the promotion, protection and support of risk management within the business. The group aims to uphold our business standards, maintain and enhance the value of the brand, and ensure that the firm complies with the rules and regulations imposed on it in relation to the conduct of its business.
The Independence Team (led by the Independence Partner for UK and Ireland) forms part of the UK&I RM Group and reports directly to senior management. There are currently 20 members in the Independence Team (including conflicts) and a combined total of around 75 individuals within RM and Legal.
Due to an expansion of the UK Audit Independence team in EY's Risk Management function, we have a number of full time, vacancies immediately available at Manager / Senior Manager level. Applications are considered for individuals seeking a permanent or FTC role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great team at a time of significant regulatory change within the profession. Individuals with prior Independence, Regulatory, audit or other relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
Your key responsibilities
We have a number of immediate vacancies available in the Independence team. Each of these roles will cover a range of day to day responsibilities including at least some of the following:
- Providing advice to Assurance teams, professionals and other internal risk management professionals embedded in the business in respect of audit pursuit processes and Independence generally
- Answering technical Independence queries from the business relating to non-audit services, business relationships, business operations and other matters
- Completing Independence checks and general research in respect of potential firm acquisitions or alliances
- Taking the lead role in respect of managing internal (EY Global) and external regulatory (including by the US PCAOB /UK FRC) Independence inspections
- Provision of general Independence support / expertise to senior Independence leadership
- Management of the monitoring process in respect of our firm's Gifts & Hospitality Policy
- Compliance oversight of and responsibility for, the UKs implementation of a Global Independence Risk Control Framework
- Supporting the Ethics Partner with the preparation of matters to be reported to the UK LLP Board
- Coaching / mentoring / managing junior members of the Independence Team
- Provide training/support to offshore colleagues in EY overseas 'shared services centres' in respect of outsourced independence activities, including reviewing the output/quality of work they produce and providing feedback as required
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills with excellent attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible with good team working skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to build strong working relationships with service lines and develop an excellent understanding of their business
- Ability to work to pre-determined deadlines and meet objectives under pressure
- Ability to think strategically and handle complex concepts
- Highly motivated with a desire to seek new ways of improving our service to internal clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Independence professionals with previous experience at Manager / Senior Manager level; or
- Qualified Accountants or Auditors with a strong working knowledge of the concept of Independence and the FRC Ethical Standard
- Individuals with other significant risk management/compliance experience
- We will also consider Junior (Senior Associate / Assistant Manager) Independence professionals with significant experience looking to progress to Manager
Ideally, you'll also have the ability to
- Build strong working relationships with people in each of our service lines, including Tax, Audit, Transactions and Advisory, and develop an excellent understanding of their business
- Work to pre-determined deadlines and meet objectives under pressure
- Think strategically and handle complex concepts
What we look for
A commercially focused Manager with strong communication, leadership and analytical skills.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Internal Number: 5855487
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.