CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Company Profile Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management is one of the largest retail broker-dealers and serves the needs of individuals and small and mid-sized institutional clients through a network of approximately 16,000 financial advisors located throughout the U.S.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
Seeking an attorney with 3-5 years of experience to support lending transactions, including both residential mortgage loans and other secured and unsecured loans, with a focus on legal due diligence reviews of legal entity loan parties, and review and preparation of required loan documentation in coordination with the business units, paralegals and outside counsel and as part of a legal team advising a national banking association and a U.S. broker-dealer.
Specific duties will include:
- Conduct and collaborate with paralegals to conduct due diligence review of legal entities (including corporate by-laws, LLC agreements, LP agreements, trust agreements, authorizing resolutions and certifications), confirming legal power and authority to (a) borrow money from a lender, (b) pledge financial assets and residential property as collateral for a bank loan or mortgage loan and (c) guaranty a loan to a 3rd party and/or pledge financial assets or residential property to support a bank loan or mortgage loan made to a 3rd party.
- Prepare due diligence summaries for the Credit Risk and Operations team.
- Collaborate with Credit Risk, Operations and business teams to follow up on open issues and questions and prepare loan documentation addendums, template authorizing resolutions and other ancillary documentation as needed and liaise with outside counsel when specialized expertise is needed.
- Preparing standard loan documentation for lending transactions with clients, including loans secured by financial assets and real estate.
- 3-4 years of experience as a practicing attorney in financial services law, bank finance or corporate law. - Ability to work collaboratively in fast-paced environment on multiple projects; ability to think strategically and to analyze, evaluate and escalate potential risks, including economic, legal and reputational. - Experience with due diligence reviews and familiarity with bank lending or mortgage lending in the wealth management industry preferred. - Private practice with top law firm and/or in-house legal experience advising clients on banking and lending business and initiatives, and experience in managing paralegals and supporting cross-functional strategic projects desirable .*LI-SH
Internal Number: 5750896
About Morgan Stanley USA
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.