CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$979 billion in assets under management as of 1 March 2017, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Portfolio Guideline Monitoring Analyst ("The Analyst") will be part of the Portfolio Guideline Monitoring and Performance Team within Portfolio Services. Portfolio Services provides each of Wellington's investment teams with the data, controls, and support they need to ensure that their investment intent is accurately reflected in accordance with client regulatory and operational requirements. Other teams within Portfolio Services include Portfolio Implementation, Portfolio Data, Portfolio Service Management, and Portfolio Accounting.
* The Analyst will focus on providing support to investment teams, to ensure that investment transactions and holdings are compliant with client guidelines and regulatory requirements.
* The Analyst will be part of the team that i) Reviews Investment Management Agreements, evaluates client guidelines, and maintains the guideline monitoring system, Sentinel, ii) performs real-time, pre-trade support with investors, and iii) resolves post-trade incident exceptions generated from Sentinel.
* The Analyst will work collaboratively with other Guideline Monitoring Analysts, as well as other internal teams, specifically Product Management and Portfolio Management, to develop a deep understanding of investment strategies relative to client guidelines and regulatory requirements
The successful candidate is likely to:
* Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of all investment types, including equity and fixed income products, and derivative securities.
* Prior experience monitoring investment guidelines, working in an investment compliance role, understanding regulatory requirements for 40 Act and UCITs funds, and coding investment restrictions into a vendor or proprietary compliance monitoring system, specifically Sentinel, would be advantageous;
* Be self-confident, a self-starter, results driven, energetic, have an inquisitive mind, and be controls conscious.
* Have strong organisational skills, an ability to manage assignments with competing priorities, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
* Have strong attention to detail and computer literacy (knowledge of Word, Excel, and similar tools).
JOB TITLE Guideline Monitoring Analyst
JOB FAMILY Portfolio Services
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .
Internal Number: 5519822
About Wellington Management Company, LLP
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.