CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities The Risk Controller (RC) role is responsible for and has oversight over Operational Risk management, control management and audit management across the function/unit that has been assigned to the role. This role is key and responsible for applying the function's approach to risk identification and mitigation, control management and audit engagement within the framework set out by the relevant authorities. This operations role ensures a constant state of preparation, readiness and continuous improvement across process, risk management and reduction, audit success, documentation, MIS systems and reporting.
Job Purpose - Assist the UNIT MANAGER in coordinating, driving, and directing effective compliance with the prescribed operational risk management framework - Support SORO/UORM /Unit Manager in driving the implementation of effective controls to minimise / mitigate operational impact. - Continuous monitoring for effectiveness and efficiency of controls leading to effective management of Operational Risk.
- Drive the understanding and practice of Operational Risk within the Unit. Suggest / Facilitate Implementation of controls within the business unit to meet all regulatory and internal requirements.
- Support UORM/SORO in implementation of OR policy guidelines, review of existing control checks/KCSAs and process review. - Support in smooth conduct of Unit Level Risk Committee Meetings.
Key Responsibilities Risk Review - Execute risk / control reviews as per plans and in consultation with the UNIT MANAGER/UORM - Track to closure, all actions and risks arising from the reviews - Ensure that the affected Unit is sufficiently prepared for upcoming audits - R eview and advice UNIT MANAGER /UORM on the adequacy of management response to audit findings for the Unit - Monitor and track progress and timely closure of audit findings - Share thematic risk & audit findings across units. - To ensure updating of all risk/loss related issues in Phoenix and escalation to Unit Manager/UORM as applicable. - Compliance with all applicable process procedures, guidelines, rules & regulations of company and Group Policies relating to Risk
- Ensure unit specifically complies with Group Money Laundering Prevention / Sanctions Policies and Procedures to the extent applicable and reports all suspicious transactions to the risk authorities and stakeholder groups. Risk Committee Meetings - Facilitation of pack production for the unit risk committee meetings - Provide challenge to ensure robust compliance to OR policies and framework - Submission of risk and control related details to functional risk forum within schedule and at the required quality
- Facilitate, Coordinate and consolidate operational risk and loss reporting of the unit for the reporting to the BORG, UNIT MANAGER and Business Unit Head. Ensure data accuracy and completeness. Root Cause Analysis (RCA) - Assist the Unit Manager / Department heads to complete the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) report for below events - A udits rated "Failed" or "Improvement required" for Critical Processes. - Material negative regulatory findings for Critical Processes. - Single operational risk event where the gross financial loss is greater than USD 2m. - Single operational risk events where the actual or potential reputational impact is rated '4' or '5'. Validation of Controls: Key Control Self Assessments (KCSA) or Control Sample Testing / Key Risk Indicators (KRI) & Key Control Indicators (KCI) - Continuous monitoring of key controls. Validate sampling techniques, results and exceptions arising thereof - Obtain, agree and track to closure of treatment plan from responsible parties - Provide UNIT MANAGER periodical view of status and progress
- Contribute towards / Facilitate implementation of control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management. Ensure effectiveness of controls for compliance monitoring and risk management.
Key Relationship - Unit Line Managers and Process Owners within and outside of the unit in the management of controls - Peer RPs in other units in managing cross functional risks and sharing of best practices - UORM/SOROs for advice and guidance and steering with regards to group initiatives - Group Operational Risk (GOR) for interpretation and effective implementation of its Policy and Procedures - Legal & Compliance for interpretation of and consultations on regulatory requirements.
- Group Internal Audit and external auditors on audit and reviews.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 2 years experience in Operational Risk. - Have Banking background. - Risk Management certification preferable.
If you're ready to take on your next challenge, apply now.
Internal Number: 5005855
About Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.