CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Job Requirements: - 1.1 - Product Technical and Market knowledge: demonstrates a strong knowledge and expertise on market products to corporates (notably on FX, Rates, MM, investment/LIS and solutions products), as well as financial markets overall and their dynamics as well as corporate finance knowledge (ability to provide client with suitable and relevant market comments and advisory), and keep developing this knowledge through regular training
- 1.2 - Sales Talent and Efforts: strong sales and communication skills, pro-active and autonomous in marketing existing and new clients, developing close commercial relationships, identifying client needs and originating business opportunities, leading them effectively and timely to deal execution. High results orientation and working capacities, promotes SG capabilities and services, demonstrates continuously a strong ability to grow both the business with existing clients and the client base (always detecting and onboarding new clients, potentially focusing more on most significant clients and business opportunities)
- 1.3 - Market Intelligence: Knows his market, the needs of each client segment, clients transactions and interests as well as behaviour in the market, what competitors do in terms of products and services - Feedback the information to management, ENG/Structuring team and trading to improve capabilities and adequacy of the platform.
- 1.4 - Cooperation: ensure a effective team work within the local team but also globally, ensure appropriate back-up but also sharing of relevant information about clients and transactions. Good cooperation with all other departments such as the other sales teams, trading, engineering, research, coverage as well as all the other partners and including especially support functions
- 1.5 - Reporting and Transparency: Regular reporting of the activity to management, results/achievements but also impediments/issues and immediately raise internal or external incidents if any. Reports all client meetings to coverage and all necessary parties/stakeholders, input relevant information on client and meeting into iC or any other CMU tools
- 1.6 - Operational risk management and Compliance with internal guidelines: Refers to Sales Handbook and avoid to enter into any discussion or transaction that could lead to a long-term liability for SG. Understand local rules and regulations of his market(s) and complies with all internal guidelines pre- and post-trade (notably but obviously not only such as KYC, credit pre-trade check in Riskweb tool, suitability check and process, appropriate and validated marketing documents by relevant stakeholders including Compliance department, appropriate legal documentation and regulatory requirements, SG internal execution and trading standards, margin policy, CVA and RAROC guideline, timely and appropriate booking of transactions, pre- and final confirmation, appropriate follow-up on SSI, settlements, valuation reports and other reportings if necessary etc...), but also all the other general business guidelines such as gift and entertainment policy, information security guidelines and restrictions versus external or internal communication , and always refers/escalate all potential issues/internal or external incidents to management, COO or Compliance
Mission Major Accountabilities/Principal Responsibilities:
Coverage of corporates clients based in Singapore, South East Asia and Australia, mainly on their FX and Interest Rates hedging needs as well as Money Market deposits and other investment products
Flawless pricing, execution and booking of transactions with clients, as well as post trade tasks (pre-confirmation etc)
Preparation o f Termsheets, Pitchbooks, market comments and other marketing materials
Identify and Originate business opportunities, and define a relevant commercial strategy: key clients and opportunities to target, number of GRS visits, meetings and pitches, business trips etc
Enlarge and diversify client portfolio (widening of product scope, increase in volumes, market share and/or markup with existing client base, and onboarding of new clients)
Build and develop close client relationships
Develop the culture of pipelines to dig "elephant" deals by leveraging on Market Risk Advisory and Campaigns
Push IFD Campaigns & maintain awareness of SG FX & Rates strength and offerings
Meet operational budget target
Cooperation with other sales, within IFD in Asia but also globally and with other sales teams, as well as other departments and partners (notably Coverage/Relationship Managers, DCM, Trading, Engineering, RISQ, MO, BO, Legal, Compliance, etc...)
Ensure the activity is performed safely and appropriately, in compliance with internal guidelines as mentioned above
Key Skill Areas & Knowledge Required:
Strong Market and Technical knowledge as well as Pricing and Execution skills in FX & Rates vanilla products (notably spot, swap/forwards, FXO, IRS, CCS, MM and other investment products etc...)
Personal skills : strong sales and communication skills, autonomous and pro-active, results and client driven, strong ethics such as integrity and transparency, strong conduct risk awareness
Knowledge required in Macroeconomics & financial markets, FX Exotics products, FX & Rates trading conventions, as well as some in Corporate Finance
Bachelor or Master Degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Commerce, Science, Statistics, Engineering
4-5+ years experience in relevant field
TRD , ENG, other MARK sales teams
MO, BO (local and global)
RMs and other Coverage or Origination BLs, such as CORI COV, CORI CLT, GLFI TCF, GLFI DCM, etc...
KYC, CCG, RISQ, Legal, Compliance
Internal Number: 4835224
About Societe Generale
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.