CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The Glasgow Finance team is over 220 strong and spans a wide range of functions including: Product Control; Market Risk Control; Liquidity Control; Treasury Currency Management; Compensation Control; Tax; Legal Entity Control and Governance; Accounting Advisory Services; General Ledger Governance; Regulatory Reporting and Finance Risk. The variety and scope of our opportunities across all levels allows our employees to enjoy fulfilling and challenging long-term careers. In order to maintain this we require finance professionals of all levels, both qualified and non-qualified, who are committed to working in a challenging and ever evolving industry. For non-qualified candidates we actively support a number of professional qualifications.
The EMEA Compensation and Benefits Reporting team is part of Global Compensation Controllers and is responsible for the statutory, regulatory and internal management reporting relating to the firm's regional compensation and benefits arrangements.
The group was established in Glasgow when the UK function was deployed from London in 2012 and all EMEA and Americas cash compensation control is now centralized in Glasgow.
Due to the nature of the firm's compensation arrangements, the Global Compensation Controllers group is involved in processing and accounting for a range of complex compensation arrangements. The overall function is managed globally and the EMEA Compensation and Benefits Reporting team works closely with senior management in the region and with other departments in Morgan Stanley including Human Resources, Tax and groups across the finance division (such as Legal Entity Control and Regulatory Reporting).
This role represents an exciting opportunity to be part of a global function.
- This role is part of a reporting team of 4 with responsibility for all EMEA Compensation & Benefits (?C&B?) related internal and external reporting and analysis
- Preparation and presentation of monthly C&B reporting for EMEA, Asia and Japan involving analysis of variances, production of forecast information and presentation to senior management
- Responsible for monthly post-employment benefit booking and reconciliation process
- Responsible for employer tax reporting to support the firm's Global C&B reporting
- Central role in the preparation of compensation related disclosure notes for the firm's European subsidiaries
- Responsible for the oversight and control of compensation management recharges and overhead
- Support other legal entity and regulatory reporting through the provision of compensation specific data and analysis
- Enhance and develop processes and controls
- Maintain effective relationships with Human Resources, IT and Business Unit Controllers
- Identify, escalate and co-ordinate resolution of issues
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively manage high volumes of data
- Be confident in maintaining relationships across a variety of senior stakeholders and business areas
- Ability to manage team work load effectively and balance project, BAU delivery
- Accountancy qualification (ACCA, CA or CIMA)
- Have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
The following personal attributes are important for this role:
- Team worker
- Strong communicator
- Well organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical skills
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM1
Internal Number: 4670590
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.