CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
The role is for a corporate/commercial lawyer with experience advising on general commercial, intellectual property and data protection matters. The individual will sit within the firm's Legal function in London working closely alongside teams in Compliance, Operations, IT, Risk, Governance, Procurement and Information Security.
The individual will be an English qualified solicitor having a background in general corporate/commercial law and experience in negotiating outsourcing and supplier arrangements as well as a strong understanding of UK intellectual property (IP) law and the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), in addition to experience in relation to IP and data protection requirements of other jurisdictions.
The individual will have a strong private practice background and ideally some experience gained in-house on secondment in the financial services and asset management sector.
The role will be full time as a member of the Corporate Legal team in London which handles corporate transactional matters (acquisitions; disposals; joint ventures); disputes and litigation; employment/ER work; regulatory investigations/interactions; commercial outsourcing and supplier arrangements; data protection and governance; and IP/branding as well as a wide variety other matters.
The key areas of coverage for the role will be:
- Leading on the negotiation of outsourcing, supplier and other commercial contracts with third parties in conjunction with relevant business teams, both in London and overseas.
- Supervising and co-ordinating the firm's framework for review and negotiation of commercial contracts in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- Working alongside key business teams to implement more efficient and agile processes for review, negotiation, execution and management of supplier contracts.
- Acting as the principal point of contact for legal support for data privacy issues globally, including advising in relation to data breaches, data subject access requests and handling interactions and correspondence with the firm's data regulators such as the UK's ICO.
- Monitoring the firm's ongoing compliance with GDPR and other data privacy legislation and best practice; assisting with maintaining an inventory of evidence of compliance with applicable data privacy rules; assisting with the delivery of training for staff.
- Supporting the firm's data governance and security teams in carrying out privacy impact assessments, maintaining the firm's data governance framework and undertaking data mapping and data sharing reviews globally.
- Acting as the principal point of contact for legal support on the protection of Schroders intellectual property assets globally, whether registered or unregistered, including patents, trade marks, copyrights and design rights.
- Developing, maintaining and implementing the firm's IP strategy, practices and policies globally, including the use of trademark agents and local attorneys for IP matters; being the principal contact person for trademark agents and other third party suppliers of IP services as well as the firm's business development, marketing and branding teams.
- Co-ordinating responses to actual or threatened breaches of confidentiality or IP obligations owed to Schroders, or owed by Schroders to third parties.
Internal Number: 4681500
About Schroders Investment Management
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.