CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Associate Director, Credit Analyst Hedge Fund , Global Banking
Standard Chartered Bank
October 13, 2018
Manhattan, United States
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Associate Director Credit Analyst, Hedge Fund - Global Banking Act as a primary analyst for assigned accounts and secondary analyst for remaining accounts in the Investor segment, primarily in the hedge fund space. Responsible for the front-to-end Business Credit Application (BCA) process of assigned accounts as primary analyst by performing independent, forward looking credit analysis of current and prospective clients and act as a secondary analyst as needed. Plan and conduct the overall credit process for assigned primary accounts with respect to assessments of risks, credit papers, assignment and monitoring of limits, credit grades, as well as proactive monitoring of credit events, including:
* Financial analysis of customers using credit skills; ratio analysis; evaluation of security and collateral; evaluation of parent support policies; judgment of management and strategy.
* Evaluation and understanding of risk associated with individual transactions, products, borrowers and counterparties.
* Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies in conjunction with GAM (Global Account Manager)
* Monitor Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and ad hoc credit reports appropriately - preparing reports, escalation, and take actions, as per policy/procedure. Monitor, in conjunction with Funds Risk, ISDA NAV triggers and track the evolution of client performance and risk profiles over time.
* Ensure Zero BCA over dues and work to minimize extensions.
* Contribute to the excess report process, including, but not limited to proposing limit increases or reducing exposures and promptly addressing queries.
* Participate regularly in account planning sessions to ensure familiarity with customer business.
* Visit/meet customers to conduct credit due diligence of existing customers with credit lines as part of the annual credit review process. Conduct enhanced credit due diligence in order to achieve clear understanding of credit risks associated with new transactions. Prepare call reports on credit/risk related discussion
* Contribute to the structuring of transactions in coordination with other stakeholders (e.g., legal, Financial Markets, Structured Finance, Funds Risk) including the corresponding RWA calculations.
* Propose and assist with negotiation of credit terms for ISDA/CSA agreements through preparation of Credit Term Sheets (CTS).
* Cultivate and maintain close relationships with stakeholders in Funds Risk, Legal, and Middle Office.
* Conduct periodic portfolio reviews of assigned segment to assess creditworthiness and initiate ad hoc reviews for clients subject to adverse news or vulnerable to specific economic, market or regulatory events.
* Proactively monitoring market data and risk triggers across the assigned portfolio.
* Take personal responsibility for complex transactions or complex relationships with assigned names.
* Contribute to Stress Tests requests (wherever required or requested by GAM/Funds Risk)
* Perform ad-hoc projects, as needed.
Processes Responsible for the Credit Analysis process for Funds clients
Skills and Qualifications: Must Have: * At least 3-4 years of Hedge Fund Credit Analysis * Graduate degree * Willing to remain in the role for at least 2-3 years
Nice to Have: * Other Funds CA experience (RMFs, PE Funds) * Master's Degree * Lives in NYC metropolitan area (no relocation necessary)
Skills: * Analytical skills including those to determine key risks and mitigants of fund clients * Robust written and verbal communication skills * Ability to work cohesively with all internal and external stakeholders * Strong Work Ethic
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
Internal Number: 4679920
About Standard Chartered Bank
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.