CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
For the past 40 years, Wood Mackenzie has established its reputation as a trusted source of intelligence, enriching lives by empowering clients with unique insight on the world's natural resources.
Now, as part of the Verisk Analytics family, that legacy is even stronger. Aligning with the world's leading data analytics company extends our ability to help clients overcome the toughest challenges with our unrivalled analysis and advice.
We will continue to build on the power of our existing approach to assess and value individual assets and companies, allowing our clients to pursue the most promising opportunities.
Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence that informs the strategic decisions that will ultimately shape the future direction of our global natural resources.
Our Upstream energy solutions offer the most comprehensive set of integrated data, analytical applications and research which provides unrivalled commercial insights and valuation expertise. We are seeking a high-performing individual to join our EMEARC (Europe, Middle East, Africa, Russia, Caspian) Upstream Research team.
This is a key leadership role in the EMEARC Upstream Oil & Gas team, which involves working closely with colleagues to ensure the commercial success of our research offerings in line with the the business' vision. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a multi-location team of Russia-focused analysts and managing the delivery of our Russia upstream research products. They must be highly organised and able to co-ordinate product delivery, whilst providing direction and motivation to team members during a time of significant change in the business. This role would suit someone with a "can-do" attitude, who is willing to drive continuous improvement and get involved in all aspects of work, ranging from research contribution, report editing, process co-ordination, sales support, coaching analysts and product improvements.
There is scope for this position to broaden in scope with opportunities to lead broader department initiatives, as well as taking on additional responsibility for research or client facing activities.
· Provide day-to-day management of the multi-location Russia upstream team, co-ordinating individual workloads and allocating resources efficiently.
· Ensure the delivery of our Russia upstream service product, working with the Agile scrum master, the team and other product contributors to ensure deadlines and high-quality standards are met.
· Lead the team in identifying and driving the change required for it to successfully contribute to the the organisation's vision.
· Monitor key events and commercial developments in the Russian upstream sector, engaging with our clients and research contacts to ensure the products are reflecting key current issues.
· Engage with clients and the wider industry to gather product feedback and drive product improvements accordingly.
· Ensure the team makes a commercial impact with our research directly with clients and through client events, conferences, media engagements and social media.
· Support the sales team in product renewals and new client development.
· Promote continuous improvement across the broader upstream team, supporting knowledge-sharing, skills development and provide coaching where needed.
· Challenge the "status quo" of our teams' work and processes – suggest new ways of working and help us to improve our workflows.
· Work closely with the wider EMEARC upstream leadership group to ensure sharing of best practice and consistency of approach.
Knowledge & Experience
· Experience of working in a commercial research team
· Interest and knowledge of upstream oil and gas
· Strong organisation, planning and implementation skills
· Track record or a recognised potential in people management
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills – ability to build relationships and influence others remotely across different locations
· Ability to challenge the status quo
· Able to travel to Russia
Planning, implementation and control
Issue identification, problem solving and analysis
Assertive and influential
Wood Mackenzie Core Values
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values each individual's contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
Respect for the Individual
Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.
Internal Number: 4420823
BACK TO TOP
CAIA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else CAIA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at CAIA Career Center.