CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
A leading Asset Manager (Multiple hundred billion$ AUM) is looking to hire a senior Multi-Asset Strategist to be the #2 to the Global Head of Investment Strategy on a team of 4-5 people. This role will involve working closely with the various PM teams across the firm (Multi-Asset, Fixed Income, EM Debt, Global Equities, Thematic Equities etc) and will focus on idea generation (directional and RV) across macro asset classes, as well as research contributions (especially towards tactical and strategist asset allocation views), ad-hoc production of white papers, client interaction and some occasional media appearances. This is a senior role and it is very important that the person who joins has a strong understanding of the interactions and correlations between the major asset classes, both strategically and tactically, as well as Asset Allocation.
The Chief Strategist is looking for someone that is sharp, a self-starter, independent, an out-of-the box thinker but not arrogant (team fit is very important).
7-15+ years' experience
Very Strong Macro background and a very good understanding of the interactions/correlations between the main asset classes (Rates, FX, Equities etc), as well as an understanding of Asset Allocation (Tactical and Strategic)
Self-Starter and the ability to hit the ground running
MSc level degree or above in a financial subject (Highly Preferable)
CFA Certified (Desirable)
Buy-Side and Sell-Side backgrounds will both be considered
A slight Rates/FX bias would be a plus, however people with more of a top-down equity bias (regional & sector-level) would also be considered, as long as the person has a good understanding of Rates/FX
Good understanding of idea generation (Directional and RV) across macro asset classes
Understanding of how to formulate and determine key macro themes that are driving various asset classes
Extroverted, well-spoken, and ability to build/grow relationships with teams internally, as well as with clients
Intellectually curious with an interest in writing occasional ad-hoc white papers on topics that would be interesting from an investment strategy perspective
Some of the Day-To-Day Elements of the role:
Generating ad-hoc trade ideas (directional and RV) and ensuring that the various PM teams are kept up to date on these
Building/Strengthening relationships with the various fund management teams across the firm
Proposing changes to the monthly tactical allocation view and regularly building the case for potential changes to the firm's Asset Allocation view
The team does tactical (6-month), strategic (1y+), and secular (5y) outlooks, however strong experience working within a 6-12 month investment time horizon is preferable
Identifying and proposing new research themes, as well as initiating and completing research work
Research themes are determined by market circumstances but sometimes are also suggested by members of the investment committee or the multi-asset PMs. The strategy team has almost complete independence and flexibility, so the final decision of what to focus on rests with ultimately the team (priorities are set in an informal weekly meeting)
Speaking with the press
Helping the Chief Strategist with presentations for client meetings/events and also presenting at clients meetings/events when needed.
Posting articles and market comments on social media and the firm's multi-asset blog.
Play a key role in the idea generation process and notify PMs whenever relevant trade ideas arise (mostly directional, but also RV)
Become a key contributor to the team's Asset Allocation process and monthly investment committee meetings
Strengthen and grow working relationships with PMs across the firm (currently, 80% of the interaction of the Investment Strategy team is with the Multi-Asset Team and the other 20% is with the other teams (Rates, FX, EM Debt, Global Equities etc)). A key objective will be to grow working relationships with other teams and to shift this ratio closer 60%/40%.
Help increase the overall quality of the research of the Investment Strategy Team