CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in client assets under management as of 31 March 2018, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Risk Analyst to join the Wellington Management Funds Global (WMF) business, to be based in Luxembourg. This individual will be responsible for the implementation of risk management policies and procedures, for tracking the risk profiles of each fund under their responsibility, and for ensuring compliance with risk limits.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Developing fund risk management frameworks;
* Maintaining risk related policies, procedures, and documentation;
* Monitoring risk parameters (VAR, stress testing, leverage, liquidity, counterparty, etc.) against established limits, and researching and escalating breaches;
* Implementing controls to ensure compliance with UCITS and AIFMD regulatory requirements;
* Providing reporting on risk monitoring results to the EU management committee and boards;
* Monitoring industry developments on risk management;
* Leading/participating in projects and working groups on risk related matters.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
* Around 3-5 years of relevant work experience, including demonstrated experience of funds risk management;
* A proficient understanding of financial markets and fund operations;
* A strong academic background, including an undergraduate degree;
* An excellent knowledge of UCITS and AIFMD regulations, and of CSSF and CBI requirements for funds and management companies;
* Extensive knowledge of risk measurement systems and concepts;
* Demonstrated aptitude with data analysis programming languages, such as SQL, R, Python, VBA;
* The ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
* The ability to work effectively with, and influence, colleagues across functions and in remote offices (London, Boston);
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Values consistent with the firm's cultural tenets of inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, and collegiality.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
JOB TITLE Funds Risk Analyst, Luxembourg
JOB FAMILY Investment Risk Services
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .