CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in client assets under management, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
We are currently seeking a Risk Officer for the Wellington Management Funds Global (WMF) business, to be based in Luxembourg. The Risk Officer will report into the Conducting Officer responsible for the Permanent Risk Management Function for our Luxembourg Management Company (UCITS and AIF funds).
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Reporting to members of the Management Committees and the EU boards on matters relating to both investment and operational risk;
* Designing and implementing the Risk Management Policy and Procedures for our Luxembourg and Irish funds, to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies;
* Defining and maintaining the Risk Profile of each fund, identifying all material investment and operational risks;
* Designing and implementing adequate systems to measure and monitor all risks relevant to each fund and to the Management Company, including all aspects of investment and operational risks;
* Establishing adequate risk limits for each fund across market risk, leverage, counterparty risk, and liquidity;
* Investigating and resolving any breaches, working with the portfolio management teams as needed;
* Regular reporting on risk management effectiveness to the management committees, fund boards, and regulators, including the CSSF and the CBI;
* Collaborating on the broader management of our Management Company and fund ranges;
* Leading/participating in projects and working groups on risk related matters, including implementation of new regulatory requirements;
* Monitoring industry developments on risk management, including participation in industry groups.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
* Around 10 years of relevant work experience, and demonstrated career progression in risk management;
* Highly proficient understanding of financial markets and fund operations;
* An undergraduate degree. In addition, a relevant professional qualification or an advanced degree would be preferred;
* An excellent knowledge of UCITS and AIFMD regulations, and of CSSF and CBI requirements for funds and management companies;
* Extensive knowledge of risk measurement systems and concepts;
* Strong analytical skills;
* Demonstrable ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
* The ability to working effectively with and influence colleagues across functions and in remote offices (London, Boston);
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* A strong fit with the firm's cultural tenets of inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, and collegiality.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
JOB TITLE Risk Officer, Luxembourg
JOB FAMILY Investment Risk Services
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .