CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in assets under management as of 31 December 2017, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
We are currently seeking to recruit an Account Manager to join our Middle East & Africa Institutional team, based in London.
Account Managers are typically assigned as the Relationship Manager or Business Development Manager to smaller clients/prospects, in addition to working on large, complex clients/prospects with more senior Relationship Manager or Business Development Manager colleagues, where they have regular direct contact with the clients/prospects. For the smaller clients/prospects they are assigned to, Account Managers are expected to take ownership of these relationships, identifying areas of opportunity, managing business at risk, controlling costs, and developing a franchise for the future. A successful Account Manager is able to consistently demonstrate the ability to set goals, provide direction across the firm, deliver against priorities/deadlines, and use sound judgment to solve complex issues.
The successful candidate will work closely with Relationship Manager and Business Development Manager colleagues on the team to support strategic and complex clients/prospects by responding to ad hoc inquiries, undertaking market research, and preparing for client/prospect meetings. Incorporating product knowledge with firm awareness, he/she will be required to effectively communicate client/prospect expectations with a variety of internal constituents, including the Client Service Group, Portfolio Services, Legal & Compliance, Portfolio Management, Product Management, Trading and other functions.
In addition, the Account Manager will take the lead in managing relationships with an assigned set of clients/prospects. He/she will serve as the primary access point to Wellington Management and its resources, and will be responsible for coordinating efforts to meet client and prospect needs. He/she will be expected to identify any potential opportunities for growth within the client/prospect base, and work collaboratively with colleagues on new business opportunities as appropriate.
Responsibilities will include:
* Provide leadership on assigned relationships within the organization; act as an advocate for each client/prospect within the firm, and as an advocate for the firm with each client/prospect;
* Represent the investment views of the firm to clients/prospects, and provide them with analysis and communication on investment issues;
* Manage client/prospect expectations, balancing the interests of both clients/prospects and the organization;
* Seek opportunities to expand client and prospect relationships;
* Partner with other functional areas to address issues, concerns and opportunities;
* Plan and prepare for client/prospect meetings;
* Meet with clients/prospects and effectively manage any follow up as required;
* Represent the investment views of the firm in both informal and formal settings, and stand in for Portfolio Managers as necessary;
* Oversee all client transition events;
* Analyze performance data, investment characteristics, and risk profiles of client portfolios;
* Oversee the timely preparation of standard and customised client reports;
* Oversee and/or respond to client/prospect requests in a timely and professional manner;
* Liaise with clients and internal parties to ensure compliance with applicable regulations;
* Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the marketplace, and contribute to the management of our business.
The successful candidate for this role is likely to:
* Have a strong academic background. A Bachelors degree is required. A post-graduate qualification (e.g. MBA, CFA), or progress towards one, would be viewed favourably;
* 7+ years of relevant professional experience, some or all of which will have been gained within the Investment Management industry. Experience of working with Institutional clients and prospects in the Middle East and/or Africa regions would be advantageous, but is not required;
* Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the needs of Institutional investors;
* Have an excellent working knowledge of capital markets and investment approaches (ideally across multiple asset classes);
* Be a team player, capable of handling a large number of clients with a variety of needs. Initiative, creativity, persistence, and consultative selling skills are particularly important in this role;
* Demonstrate the ability to anticipate client needs, issues, and concerns;
* Demonstrate strong business judgment, including the ability to synthesize multiple complex issues and effectively balance competing objectives.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
JOB TITLE Institutional Account Manager, Middle East
JOB FAMILY Business Development
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .