CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
My client, a tier one global corporate and investment bank, are looking to recruit a Project Finance Analyst into their Project Finance Asset Management team.
You will work as part of a specialist, dedicated and friendly team responsible for the management, monitoring and control of a portfolio of infrastructure and project finance loans. The team are responsible for evaluating and controlling the release of loan funds and the day to day management of the portfolio.
The chosen candidate must be able to interpret legal documentation to ensure that all of the bank's obligations are complied with and protect the Firm from reputational risk. As primary contact for the various internal and external stakeholders the Candidate must have strong technical, interpersonal, commercial and relationship management skills. The role is client facing and a principal point of contact for customers as well as supporting various functions within the Firm.
* Assume day-to-day responsibility for a nominated portfolio of projects. * Responsible for collating and managing customer produced financial information. * Develop and maintain contacts with instructed professional advisors to ensure timely provision of reporting on each transaction. * Monitor compliance with terms and conditions of project finance facility agreements. Ensure LISTT is accurate at all times and that all overdue items/breaches are chased and reported appropriately. Discuss customer breaches of covenants and with Credit and initiate remedial actions. * Work closely with Credit to identify potential issues relating to the progress of each development before they become time critical. * Identify urgent credit related matters and covenant breaches ensuring that that all issues are escalated appropriately including issues with operational capabilities. * Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Operational Risk Framework and internal Policies and Standards.
* Manage Borrower requests e.g. amendments, waivers and variations including timely communication with relevant internal stakeholders ensuring deadlines are met. This will require analysis of loan documentation with the ability to provide clear and competent analysis/overview of the relevant provisions. * Instruct lawyers and other professional advisers (technical/insurance), detailing their scope of work and monitoring to ensure work is carried out in line with agreed fee estimates. * Closely manage relationship with Loan Operations, Credit and the Business, covering wide variety of matters and ensuring that the overall Loans team delivers the best results. * Oversee the process of terminations and security releases and other ad hoc matters. * Administrative duties on behalf of the Asset Management Team e.g. second checking instructions, raising invoices, archiving etc.
Skills and Qualifications
* The role requires someone to have at least two years' experience within the loans market, preferably with a credit background. If someone doesn't have direct project finance experience my client would consider candidates from a credit background / real estate finance experience * Project finance experience is preferred - infrastructure / power and renewables * University qualification
* The role requires a high level of interpersonal skills demonstrated by good oral and written communication, with the candidate displaying attention to detail and the ability to think creatively. * Problem solving and decision making with strong business skills, including the ability to deliver solutions with commercial awareness; be able to make recommendations, using influencing skills as appropriate (up to Director). * Ability to organise and prioritise workloads using own initiative, frequently meeting tight deadlines and ability to manage a varied/heavy workload. * Strong customer focus and a proven record in dealing with customers, including negotiating with board members. * High level of analytical and numeracy skills. * Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications such as excel and the ability to create and maintain complicated spreadsheet models * Ideally an understanding in the use of internal computer systems including LISTT and any other platform applications.
Knowledge and Expertise
* A good understanding of infrastructure and project finance structures. * Understanding of the fundamentals of project and infrastructure finance, in particular complex loan and security documentation. * Ability to analyse and interpret complex cash flows and basic understanding of financial models and other financial information. * Candidate ideally would be a subject matter expert in managing complex loan agreements that are individually negotiated. * Ideally has some credit experience to understand and interpret financial statements, cash flows and financial covenants. * Candidate will typically be educated to degree level and have at least 1-2 years industry experience in the loan market, with practical LMA documentation skills and at least a years experience in project finance asset management.