CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
As a Senior Murex Analyst in Risk and Pricing you will work closely with Trading, Risk Management, Quants and senior technologist.
In this role the ideal candidate will:
- Analyze and utilize Murex system capabilities and functions to directly aid risk modelers, risk managers and FX traders at various teams in the bank. This involves developing, testing and maintaining the software while also reporting bugs and glitches
- Lend subject matter expertise to other technology teams in their development of applications interacting with Murex Risk software
- Work with senior traders on product design and market data structure, including analyzing Emerging markets and how they can be modeled using Murex capabilities
- Troubleshoot technical and functional issues within Murex and other supported systems to restore normal functioning
- Proficient in other crucial computer tools such as Microsoft Excel, SQL querying and Unix/XML debugging
- Along with technological contributions, candidate must also leverage prior Economics and financial knowledge to work closely with Financial Model validators and other Risk users to verify Sensitivities, PFE (potential future exposure) and VaR mathematical calculations used in Volcker, DFAST and CCAR reporting
- Continue to learn many new aspects of leading edge risk management tools and their implementation in Murex application
Key projects in 2018 include significant expansion and re-engineering in VaR (Value at Risk), Front Office FX Option and FX Forward within Murex computer framework
BNY Mellon provides an exciting work environment where you will be able to be part of a significant ramp up in trading capabilities which will allow you to develop all your skills further.
Skills and Qualifications
- Vast Murex computer system experience (min 3+ years) and ability to navigate complex Murex Front Office and Risk configurations to support users daily
- Strong communication skills – ability to work with MD level risk managers, technology managers and Traders
- Ideally have an academic background in Economics or Finance to discuss complex financial and mathematical concepts with end users
- Strong academics in college/university expected
- Technical acumen – ability to equally work with developers and other technology teams. This also includes using other tools such as Excel, SQL (Oracle), Unix, PeopleSoft CRM and JIRA on a daily basis
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to challenge, whilst working collaboratively across a global organization
Additional Notes from Manager:
Will this be temp to perm? Yes, If the candidate is the right fit
How many years of experience are you looking for? 4 + year
Is financial experience a must? Strong knowledge of Murex and FX option products
Degree required/type? Minimum college but Grad preferred
What are the top 3 skills that you'll be looking for on a resume? Murex experience, Comfortable working with traders and strong product knowledge especially FX option