CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the Firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm's internal controls using a risk based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the Firm's compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the Firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements.
Internal Audit comprises Business, Risk and Technology auditors. Business and Risk auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application controls supporting business processes, including systems development, application security and entitlements, production management, and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analysing and testing the controls to protect the franchise.
The Operations Audit team is part of the Morgan Stanley European Internal Audit Department that provides financial and systems audit support throughout Europe.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an auditor for its Operations audit team covering the global operations functions performed in EMEA. The person in the role will assist the Internal Audit department's Operations audit team in completing its annual audit plan, communicating to senior management and providing recommendations for
improvements. Audited functions include all operations processes performed to support the sales and trading functions.
Reporting to the Audit Coverage Director for Operations in EMEA, the candidate will participate in integrated financial and technology audits. Responsibilities include:
- Evaluation of inherent risk categories and performing risk assessments at an entity and at a process level
- Helping to prepare audit planning memoranda
- Identifying and evaluating key risks and contributing to establishing audit scope
- Participating in walkthrough meetings and discussions with the purpose of developing audit test programs and identifying control issues
- Executing audits in line with audit test programs and within time budgets
- Appropriately assessing potential findings for significance
- Assisting with drafting audit reports including writing clear and concise findings and recommendations
- Communicating audit findings to the Internal Audit lead auditor and client management and assisting with negotiating finalization of issues with senior client management
- Tracking implementation of recommended processes designed to strengthen internal controls
- Developing solid working relationship with clients
- University degree (or equivalent) required
- Qualified accountant holding a professional accounting or auditing qualification (ACA, ACCA etc.) preferred
- Experience in financial services with a preference for those with experience of auditing sales and trading or investment operations activities
- Knowledge of basic financial products including derivatives
- Understanding of sales and trading front to back processes, including operations functions.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to process information quickly
- Motivated and a self-starter
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work globally and across teams
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-EM3