CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarises, plans and forecasts the organisation's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
This hands-on delivery role is in our newly created Finance Innovation Centre who are responsible for driving change and continuous improvement through the introduction, adoption, and ongoing execution of various improvement methodologies and emerging technologies in Global Finance in partnership with Line and Technology.
The main focus of the role will be to directly engage and drive the implementation of Lean and Business Process Reengineering, to leverage established and emerging technologies in partnership with IT to drive additional automation of opportunities identified, and to ensure that all areas sustain continuous improvement and maintain innovation discipline.
The resource must be able to demonstrate skill at functional architecture, process improvement, redesign and problem solving across four key dimensions:
· Problem structuring & benefits quantification: ability to frame and (where needed) disaggregate problems at a high level and perform financial analysis to model a business case for savings.
· Solution Leadership, Influencing style and skills: ability to coach teams and individuals on Lean, Functional design, Solution design and Business Process Reengineering to deliver on Innovation goals
· Technical ability: Understanding of Functional architecture, analytical and quantitative skills, strong MS desktop tool depth (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, etc.), ability to learn and leverage Morgan Stanley technology tools leveraged in Finance.
· Project Management - Prior experience of Project management, process design or gathering requirements from SMEs, training people to document and prepare "as is" flows and future flows. Creating value stream map and coordinating with business, technology department and other stakeholders to define the functional design to support changes and implementation
· Strong experience of delivering continuous improvement program and training courses in capital markets which include below but is not limited to:
o Business Process Architecture
o Business Process Reengineering
o Statistical Process Analysis
o Data Analytics
o Emerging technologies like RPA, ML, NLP, NLG, Advanced Analytics etc.
· Strong end to end experience of project delivery of continuous improvement projects which includes, but is not limited to:
o Design and implementation of operating models
o Data model (re)design
o Business process reengineering
o Voice of Customer & Quality Functional Deployment analysis for stakeholder management
o Technology changes (strategic and tactical)
o Emerging technology implementation like RPA, ML, NLP, Advanced Analytics
o Benefits Tracking
· Prior experience in leading and successfully delivering complex change programs in finance line team, projects, risk, business management or line leadership roles.
· Ability to work with teams in multiple locations in all regions given global role
· Strong intrinsic business sense and listening skills
· Self-confident/motivated in achieving results in a team setting
· Setting goals and providing constructive feedback
Qualifications / Experience Required
· Professional experience in capital markets and in business process improvement like BPR /Lean
· Experience at managing a dynamic team
· University degree (engineering preferred) or higher educational qualifications (i.e. Masters) in business management or financial management
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.