CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Global Financial Crimes - Private Wealth Management, Director (Hong Kong)
May 9, 2018
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Professionals within the Legal and Compliance Division provide a wide range of services to our internal and external stakeholders. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the Firm's invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the Firm from sanctions with a Legal and Compliance framework that meets regulatory requirements. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the Firm's businesses.
Morgan Stanley Global Financial Crimes ("GFC") coordinates day-to-day implementation of the Firm's enterprise-wide Anti-Money Laundering Program and the required regulatory reporting. GFC provides advice and counsel to the business units and employees worldwide regarding their AML, economic sanctions and Anti-boycott compliance obligations. GFC also develops and/or assists in the development of appropriate policies and procedures, including those designed to assist the business units to know their clients and conduct appropriate due diligence, and to prevent, detect and report potentially suspicious activity. GFC has dedicated coverage managers and teams of analysts who advise and counsel each business unit regarding its AML obligations and its particular clients and transactions.
As part of Morgan Stanley's ongoing commitment to prevent and detect money laundering and terrorist financing, the Firm has adopted a comprehensive, risk-based program to ensure compliance with counter- terrorism and AML laws, rules, regulations, and government guidance. The successful candidate will cover our Private Wealth Management (PWM) business with the following primary responsibilities:
- Review the high-risk and complex PWM client profiles to ensure compliance with AML/CFT laws, rules, regulations and Firm policies
- Provide general AML advice and guidance to Asia PWM
- Work closely with Front office and other teams including Operations, Risk, Legal and Compliance
- Drive changes in policies and procedures for Asia PWM and represent the region in global forums on policies and procedures related matters
- Support regulatory inspections and internal audits and take responsibility for remedial actions- Produce management information to local and global stakeholders
- Deliver AML training to internal stakeholders
- Bachelor degree or above in Law, Risk Management, Business Administration or related disciplines, preferably with relevant qualifications (e.g. CAMS, FRM, CPA, ACCA, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in AML, audit, or Compliance
- Experiences in PWM business and policy review are beneficial
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Fluency in written Chinese (traditional or simplified) is advantageous
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment