CAIA's Career Center is an easy-to-use, comprehensive resource connecting job seekers with employers in the growing AI field. Use your knowledge and credibility to advance your career or build a talented team for your organization. Opportunities targeted to CAIA Charterholders are prioritized.
In order to search for jobs specifically for CAIA Charterholders or those pursuing the CAIA Charter please enter “CAIA” in the search panel.
This will enable you to search for CAIA specific roles globally.
Fitch is seeking an Analyst / Associate Director within the Leverage Finance sector in the US Corporates Group. The ideal candidate is someone who:
- has a demonstrated understanding of and a keen interest in Leverage Finance industries;
- has strong process and project management skills
- has quantitative and database management expertise
- has a professional background in capital markets and/or credit analysis and well developed financial statement analysis skills;
- has experience in interpreting complex legal documents such as bank agreements and bond indentures;
- wants to deepen their exposure to and understanding of the debt capital markets;
- has outstanding interpersonal skills displayed by a strong pattern of leadership and the ability to proactively and successfully interact with various stakeholders, both within and outside of the organization.
Qualitative credentials will weigh meaningfully in the selection of the candidate. A healthy sense of intellectual curiosity is critical, along with a demonstrated willingness to perform a significant amount of database management work and an ability to attack and explain topics of analytical complexity. Fitch is a team-oriented work environment, so excellent communication and collaboration skills are essential, as is a high productivity work-ethic and results oriented mindset.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Performing analysis of key quantitative and qualitative factors influencing credit quality of companies in the Leverage Finance sector;
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive financial models and databases;
- Conducting and/or participating in meetings with Leverage Finance industry management teams;
- Presenting analysis of companies to internal credit rating committees;
- Involvement in communicating rating rationale to external audiences (primarily institutional investors, sell-side analysts and media) in meetings, conference calls, press releases and written research reports;
- Participating in the evaluation of other credits within Corporates, as well as other related credit groups.
- Bachelor's degree at minimum, MBA or other advanced degree a plus;
- CFA/CPA preferred; - 3+ years relevant experience, including some coverage or knowledge of Leverage Finance sectors;
- capital markets and/or credit analysis experience a plus; - Expertise in Excel, Access and Word; - computer programming skills a plus; - Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills; - Excellent written and verbal communication skills; - Ability to shift fluidly between multiple projects as priorities change;