This opportunity is to work in a new Global Business Operations (GBO) Service team, based in Dublin.
Your team will be the focal point for internal stakeholders across a number of GBO services, acting as first and last contact, performing end to end impact assessments across GBO. Primarily, but not exclusively, this team will be the Centre of Excellence for the following major central business activities;
- Product - impact assessment, launches, closures
- Markets - Due diligence coordination for new and existing investment markets
- Institutional - On-boarding of new clients
This new team will become a central GBO focus point for FIL, one that is known for its expertise, versatility and understanding of the importance of getting it right first time.
The team will have strong knowledge of GBO functions, a co-operative attitude and will include all relevant parties to ensure full end to end impact assessment and understanding of risks and benefits across the business.
What you'll do
- Co-ordinate activities across GBO departments in order to successfully deliver product and market launches/changes, and the onboarding of institutional clients
- Interpret the, sometimes unique, requirements of institutional clients and work with GBO teams to deliver services to them in accordance with requirements and within well understood risk parameters
- Analyse and communicate the operational impact of new product proposals
- For new markets conduct research and prepare documentation required by internal stakeholders and external regulators
- Prepare & produce due diligence work, overseeing activities for both new and current markets
- Investigate the operational viability of the introduction of new financial instruments
- Establish project timelines, action plans and risk management
- Establish a strong working relationship with members of all stakeholders groups impacted by your projects
- Plan, control and track all new initiatives and issue regular status reports as required
- Identify and manage risks, escalating where appropriate
- Provide a flexible and responsive service to our internal stakeholders
- Liaise with other areas within Fidelity to maintain good relationships and open communication
What you can expect
- A vibrant environment with an opportunity to work closely with stakeholders.
- A busy, interesting, diverse workload from a variety of sources
- Very often working to tight deadlines.
- Energetic, with strong inter-personal skills and keen to work in a fast-paced environment
- 1 - 2 years experience of in working in the funds industry, with some understanding of middle and back office operations
- An understanding of Fidelity's products and services.
- Problem solving skills: the ability to understand issues, structure problems, come up with ideas and deliver workable solutions.
- Good Analytical Skills - accurate & numerate
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Good facilitation skills; the ability to bring people together to work through an issue
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritise and organise both own time
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Identify and resolve issues, escalating where appropriate.