| Some careers grow faster than others. |
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
As part of Global Risk, Regulatory Compliance ensures adherence to applicable regulations and standards by setting the policies which cover HSBC's regulatory requirements, and mitigate conduct and reputational risk issues. The team strives to remain ahead of the regulatory change agenda and ensures the business understands the implications and is prepared for change. It monitors how the Global Businesses and Functions manage their responsibilities with regard to complying with the regulations and helps resolve compliance deficiencies.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Regulatory Compliance Manager.
- In support of the Head of Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Regulatory Compliance, the role holder has the responsibility for implementation, of all aspects of Regulatory Compliance including impact analysis of regulatory changes, and driving coordination and execution of the various Regulatory Compliance work streams and assurance in Asia Pacific, while ensuring alignment with Global Standards.
- The role requires strong partnership with the Retail Banking and Wealth Management business and leadership team, interfaces with both Risk and General Compliance and has responsibility for driving the implementation of policy arising out of Global Standards Committee. It will provide policy advice related to Retail Banking and Wealth Management products, services and clients in Hong Kong and Asia Pacific.
- The role needs to stay at the forefront of regulatory changes to ensure proactive communication with business and develop appropriate policy and framework to manage the changes in Hong Kong. The role will also support the Head of Regulatory Compliance Retail Banking and Wealth Management Asia Pacific in overseeing activities to ensure compliance with all relevant external regulatory requirements and internal codes and policies.
- The role requires strong partnership with business to drive and accelerate the execution of Regulatory Compliance programmes that directly impact business performance. This role is accountable for the implementation of Regulatory Compliance policies in to the business and as such it will require close collaboration with Risk and various Retail Banking and Wealth Management Business functions.
- Ensure proactive approach is taken to identification of Regulatory Compliance risk and potential impacts on Retail Banking and Wealth Management Business Model.
- Continuous review for appropriateness of framework to monitor regulatory compliance developments impacting on Retail Banking and Wealth Management Hong Kong
- Lead implement programmes to quantify impacts and implement actions to address, manage and mitigate impacts of regulatory changes on Retail Banking and Wealth Management Hong Kong.
- Implement as required market product suitability, sales and staff remuneration policies and systems that ensure that Retail Banking and Wealth Management's exposure to regulatory compliance and reputational risks is managed, in a practical and effective manner, including efficient and reasonable deployment of resources and an understanding of the business operations and needs.
- Implements global standards and policies which ensure Retail Banking and Wealth Management's exposure to current risks and emerging arising risk is managed appropriately, in a commercially focused and practical manner
- Successfully complete Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions training and post-course assessment, as required
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
- Degree holder in Law, Finance or Accounting, with significant post qualification experience in reputable law firm or in the Compliance function of international financial institution.
- Possess sufficient practical knowledge of banking products and services, particularly in relation to the wealth management business.
- Possess a good knowledge of the Hong Kong regulatory environment, particularly the Securities and Futures Ordinance, Insurance Companies Ordinance, Banking Ordinance, Personal Data Ordinance and related codes and guidelines.
- Significant leadership experience and a strategic thinker.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business.
- Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex issues.
- Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators.
- Experience of leading and motivating a team.
- Experience of interpreting and analysing a large volume of information and or data and provide succinct summary for management.
- Experience of working within a matrixed environment preferred including reporting internationally.
- A high level of integrity and good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Demonstrate good judgment and initiatives and be able to work independently.
- Possess good command of spoken and written English and Cantonese. Ability to speak Mandarin is an advantage.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.