The Bank of Communications was founded in 1908 and stands amongst the top 5 leading commercial banks in China. The Bank of Communications has an extensive network of domestic branches in China whilst also in operation internationally across 16 countries. The Bank of Communications provides a comprehensive range of financial services, including; commercial banking, securities services, trust services, financial leasing, fund management, insurance and offshore financial services.
In Nov 2016, The Bank of Communications established a Paris Branch focused on strengthening business relations and expanding opportunities with one of China's biggest trade partners, France. The branch seeks to establish The Bank of Communications in the FRANC ZONE as a first class, comprehensive, modern and credible financial corporation whilst maintaining its strong cultural heritage as a Chinese institution.
The Paris branch consists of both local and expatriate employees working in collaboration to reach common goals of driving the bank's growth in France and achieving targets set by parent subsidiary in Luxembourg and head office in Shanghai. Whilst balancing cultural differences and a relatively new business environment for some staff, all employee activities must too, be focused on total compliance with local legal regulations. The Bank of Communications seeks to service not only French-based Chinese customers, but also the greater European market.
Position Impact/ Primary Objectives
The Risk Analyst plays an important role in monitoring the credit portfolio, market and the liquidity risk indicators and operational risk of the Branch.
Major Accountabilities/Key Tasks
1. Credit Risk
- Work together with the Credit Risk Analyst and Head of CRMD for credit-related duties, including credit portfolio monitoring and credit reports preparation.
2. Liquidity and Market Risk
- Assist Head of CRMD to monitor the market and liquidity risk of the Branch through daily and other reports.
- Assist in the implementations of the Basel III liquidity risk management requirements for the Branch and fulfill other requests from local regulatory authorities and the subsidiary in Luxembourg in terms of market and liquidity risk.
3. Operational Risk
- Assistance Head of CRMD to perform operational risk duties, including strengthen document implementation, update operational risk workflow and procedure, direct and assist operational risk profile reviews, maintain risk events databases, and provide or assist with risk mitigation.
4. Assist Fellow Staff
- Assist team members with documentation and spread sheet modelling
- Assist other tasks granted by subsidiary in Luxembourg and other departments, including reports preparation and translation
- Assist other tasks assigned by the Department Head
Key Working Communications
- Management and all departments
- Internal auditor
- External auditor
- All significant decisions for this role should be approved by the Head of CRMD
Knowledge, Skills and Experience (selection criteria)
The successful candidate will demonstrate and provide examples from their professional experience of the following essential skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications for example Applied Finance, Investment, Commerce
- Upwards of 3-year experience within a risk role with specific experience in the banking sector
- Strong knowledge of financial markets and risk management techniques
- Advanced IT skills, including Microsoft Office/VBA, SQL
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Highly motivated, capable of multi-tasking and willingness to learn and develop within the role
- Strong planning and coordination tendencies, as well as being highly organised with good time management skills in prioritizing tasks in order of urgency
- Professional certification: CFA, CPA or FRM is an advantage
- Competent multi-language skills in French, English and Mandarin.