To assist in providing valuations and undertaking investment advisory instructions in the residential market.
The Residential Valuation and Advisory team is a dynamic group of 22 staff that provides market leading advice to institutions, fund managers, developers, property companies, international banks and PLCs. Reporting into a Director, the role will be to assist a proactive, specialist team in providing valuations for loan security, investment and strategic advice to a broad range of clients. The individual will be involved in providing analysis across the residential sphere but with a significant focus on the residential investment sector.
We have nationwide coverage, with particular expertise in London and the South East. We provide valuations covering all residential assets including Build to Rent (PRS) opportunities, developments, strategic land, ground rent investments and high value single homes within Prime Central London. Our valuations are fully supported by a dedicated wider Residential team that offers a multi-disciplinary approach from sales and marketing, capital markets (Build to Rent (PRS)), land agency, planning, and market leading research.
We are the clear market leader in the burgeoning Build to Rent (PRS) sector. Clients include L&G, M&G, Grainger/APG, Invesco, Aberdeen, LaSalle, Fizzy Living and Delancey amongst others. We provide the full spectrum of services in this sector from regular valuations to adhoc acquisition advisory. High profile recent instructions include the bi-annual valuation of the largest solus Build to Rent (PRS) investment in the UK, East Village, and acquisition valuation advice in respect of M&G's acquisitions of the Forge in East London.
Our team is at the forefront of valuing large, complex and high value residential development projects. Our work regularly spans the full development life-cycle from the valuation of land for acquisition and lending, through the development process with valuations for refinancing and company accounts and to completion with work for investment funds. We are regularly engaged on high profile, landmark development projects that frequently need the input of cross-service line project teams. Working within our team offers the opportunity to gain true insight in to the acquisition, development and financing of market leading development projects. A recent example includes the valuation of Wembley Park for a consortium of banks including Wells Fargo, AIG and CPPIB. This complex development site has consent for over 4,000 residential units with the developer, Quintain, planning to hold all units for private rental.
- Analysis of residential investments including Build to Rent (PRS) and ground rent assets
- Analysis of comparables and ensure internal database up-to-date
- Fund administration and valuation support
- Maintaining existing client trackers
- Gathering market information and collation in to schedules
- Assistance in creation of new research databases and indices.
- Update and improve existing bespoke Build to Rent (PRS) and ground rent models as necessary
- Build new asset financial models where required adopting our established internal approach to model design, construction and best practice processes
- Support colleagues to meet client requirements
- Interpret instructions, assessing required timescales and potential issues, seeking help and advice appropriately
- Communicate clearly and professionally, verbally and in writing
- Liaise closely with Capital Advisors to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of existing financial models is maintained
- To integrate with the wider CBRE residential network and other business lines such as Capital Markets and Funding.
- To support an expanding team in its business development objectives and continued growth in revenue
- Driven individual who is keen to learn a new market
- Numerate with ability to grasp complex investment scenarios
- Good communication skills and ability to explain investment fundamentals
- Modelling skills, combined with good understanding of underlying cash flow principles
- Good Excel skills required
- Maintains a positive attitude towards routine tasks
- Organised and ability to deal with a number of concurrent instructions
- High attention to detail
- Team player who can support colleagues and clients
- Ability to work in fast paced dynamic environment