Aon Hewitt's Credit Advisory ("Covenant") team advises pension funds on the creditworthiness of their corporate sponsors (e.g. power generators, car manufacturers and drug companies). The creditworthiness of a sponsor determines how much investment risk a pension fund can absorb as well as the valuation of the fund's liabilities. The difference between a fund's liabilities and assets – the pension fund deficit – can be huge (£ billions) which explains why pensions dominate the financial press and why pensions credit advisory is so high profile.
Aon Hewitt's Covenant team has grown its client base and annual revenues steadily over the last 5 years and has advised over 300 pension funds whose assets vary in size from £100m to £4bn.In order to cope with increased client demand, we have a vacancy for a Principal Consultant who is experienced in credit analysis and in advising clients. The candidate must be comfortable advising pension fund trustees on the credit risk of their sponsor and on corporate finance matters that may affect their pension funds and should have experience in dealing with sponsor's finance director and CFO.
This is a senior level role and the candidate would be expected to manage multiple assignments and client relationships as well as growing the business. The Covenant team has ambitious growth plans and this is a great opportunity to have a real impact whilst furthering your career.
Your impact as a Principal Consultant:
- Work with existing pension fund trustee clients to respond to their needs for credit advice on their sponsor and related corporate activity (e.g. impact of M&A, special dividends, etc. on pension funds)
- Be comfortable in dealing with senior level pension fund trustees and company executives (at finance director or CEO level)
- Produce high quality written credit reports and present the finding to the pension fund trustees
- Develop funding solutions and advise trustee clients on risk management
- Develop and build new client relationships
You bring knowledge and expertise
- Substantial experience working in corporate credit analysis and company valuations
- Capacity to work with multiple clients simultaneously
- Likely to have an accountancy, CFA or MBA qualification
- Experience of developing existing client relationships and winning new business
- Strong analytical and inter-personal skills.
- Confident, ambitious, self-motivated and able to perform well under pressure.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Aon plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.