| Financial Data Analysts have a significant input to the ratings and research process by analyzing financial statements and data provided by Issuers. |
- The FDA uses accounting and finance knowledge and judgment to perform financial statement analysis, adjust reported data per relevant methodology requirements and review and analyze ratios.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding financial and operational metrics and other documents/statement related to public finance issuers (municipalities)
- Work directly with ratings and support analysts to explain the data, adjustments and other information needed by the rating team for ratings and research.
- Frequently liaise with analysts and accounting specialists in order to understand the application of accounting concepts on a particular entity.
- Create documentation and provide guidance to support analysts
- Review, adjust and publish data to external market participants.
- Regularly interact with Moody's ratings analysts regarding financial and operational data needed for analysis and publications.
- In addition to regular daily responsibilities, FDAs will have the opportunity to work on new projects such as technology projects, accounting changes, analytic reviews, methodology updates and implementation of process improvements.
- The team is regularly provided with valuable training classes and interaction with Analysts as part of knowledge transfer and career growth.
- The FDA position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry
The Analytic Data Management (ADM) team is responsible for managing and packaging financial, operational, debt and other relevant analytic data and documents for use in ratings procedures. The team works closely with ratings analysts and team members may interact with analysts on a regular basis.
- Post graduate degree required; specializations in Accounting, Finance, or Economics preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience required (can include internship experience).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and particularly Excel, such as pivot tables, lookups, etc.
- Knowledge or prior experience in analyzing financial statements is preferred
- Knowledge or prior experience in accounting is a plus.
- Individual must be organized, dependable, able to multi-task and manage priorities, display initiative, and have the ability to work independently in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, communication (verbal & written), and interpersonal skills are required.
- Candidate must have the ability to quickly transition as priorities change to meet demands.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.