| Some careers have more impact than others. |
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Regional Manager, Insurable Risk, Asia Pacific.
- Leading the implementation of the Groups insurable risk strategy in Asia Pacific region and, where required, globally.
- Leading insurable risk engagement in region with internal stakeholders, including Global Businesses, Global Functions, countries and entities, and external stakeholders, including insurers and brokers.
- Representing the insurable risk needs of the Group and local entities.
- Optimizing financing of insurable risk through use of the Groups Captive reinsurance company in Bermuda and preferred strategic insurers.
- Meeting and or exceeding insurable risk sustainable cost saving targets for the region.
- Advising on claims settlement activities across all lines of business within the region.
- Regular two way dialogue with senior regional and country management to inform insurable risk programmes and strategy.
- Ensuring that coverage is consistently communicated and understood internally and, where required, externally.
- Leading the processes and discussions with stakeholders to determine local insurable risk appetite, where required.
- Advising countries on complex claims and certain risk advisory services.
- Overseeing local processes for Global Programmes, including premium collections and documentation.
- Supporting the sourcing of local covers and Crime and Professional Indemnity infills.
- Leading the discussions with local regulators, where required.
- Encouraging and enable constructive cross country and cross business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviors that are not consistent with HSBC diversity policy and or the best interests of the business and its customers.
- Contributing to the development, implementation and maintenance of appropriate management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels.
- Contributing to the implementation and monitoring of the application of relevant policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
The successful candidate will be a core member of the global Insurable Risk team who has responsibility for how the Group protects its assets and employees through insurance. The Global Insurable Risk team also seeks to enable growth by overseeing the use of insurance to off-set credit risk, where appropriate. We operate as a single global team, serving all Global Businesses and Functions, countries and entities. Our aims are to ensure that the Groups insurance programmes and standards are understood, relevant, best in class and cost effective. We do this by working in partnership with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience in the insurable and or operational risk management within a global financial services company is essential.
- Experience in managing insurances relevant to a global financial service services company, including Financial Lines, Property and Casualty, and Employee Benefit Insurance Programs.
- Experience of implementing plans and strategies within a global organisation across geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Proven track record of quickly resolving complex issues involving multiple stakeholders with differing needs and perspectives.
- Experience of managing and negotiating with external third party providers to ensure high quality, disciplined, streamlined and cost effective servicing.
- Strong analysis and organisational skills with ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Strong team management skills, identifying opportunities for individuals to learn and develop, fostering a creative and collaborative team environment.
- Associate of Chartered Insurance Institute and or Associate of Chartered Institute of Risk Management or similar would be preferrable.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.