Key Result Areas:
- Work closely with lending officers to prepare written credit analyses for new, renewal or modification loan proposals.
- Identify trends and analyze performance in order to develop an assessment of credit risks.
- Participate in the maintenance of the accuracy of the Bank's commercial loan rating system and validate that loan risk ratings accurately reflect the risks inherent in the credit.
- As required, review commercial credit files for completeness and proper organization, and working with lending officers, take corrective action as necessary.
- May also support other credit risk management activities including those related to internal or external audits, loan reviews or regulatory compliance matters.
- As required, monitor credit quality through the review of financial information such as interim statements, to provide early warning of possible deterioration.
- Assist in the preparation of reports used in monitoring credit quality, as directed by the SVP/Chief Credit Officer and/or the VP/Credit Manager.
- Attend joint client calls with lending officers, when appropriate.
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities for the bank's array of products and services.
- Provide credit analysis support to other departments as needed.
- Contribute to the effective team management of all Bank problems, issues, and opportunities.
- Establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with other CSB employees and customers.
- Provide oversight and/or assist with the development of junior analyst staff, specific to one's area of analytical expertise
- Assist VP/Credit Manager with reporting requirements
- Perform additional duties as required.
- 4 year college degree (or equivalent experience), preferably in business, finance, or accounting.
- Knowledge of commercial lending operations and regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of Excel and Power Point as well as ability to learn and adapt to internal bank systems.
- Able to concisely articulate ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and in groups.
- Effective project and time management skills.
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with major purpose this job.
Harvard Square – Cambridge, Massachusetts
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $3.4 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Cambridge, Acton, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Concord, Lexington, Newton, and Watertown.