This support includes, but is not limited to, the on-going maintenance of accounting/administration and investor/investment related records, production and review of capital and financial statements, liaising with third party administrators, helping to ensure the business adheres to the appropriate industry regulations and effectively manages risk, maintenance of accurate tax records and completion of timely tax returns, liaising with investors and providing support for the Investment and Marketing teams through the provision of information and various analytical exercises.
This is a hands-on role and the successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to develop their knowledge on the operational aspects of the private equity industry.
Key Responsibilities of the Operational Analyst:
· Maintenance and monitoring of transactional records - this task involves interpreting the treatment of fund and direct investment drawdowns and distributions notices, providing oversight on the processing and receipt of payments and ensuring key systems are kept up-to-date with accurate information.
· Treasury related tasks - the role holder will be responsible for assisting in treasury-related tasks including the monitoring of cash balances for funds and taking appropriate action where required.
· Communication with key stakeholders - this involves fielding queries from internal and external parties and liaising with experts across the business in coordinating appropriate responses in a timely manner.
· Operational Support - the role holder will work closely with Fund Controllers and senior members in the Tax, Risk and Compliance, Operational Due Diligence and Reporting functions to help meet key deliverables and ensure the smooth running of the Operations department as a whole.
· Analysis of accounts and data input - analysing fund and direct investment accounts, extracting relevant information and entering this information to the relevant systems.
· Preparation of quarterly fund investment valuations - playing a central role in the valuation process and liaising with fund managers on any issues as they arise.
· Trend analysis - undertake analysis of trends and produce reports for consideration across the business.
· Reconciliation of in-house records to third party records - this will include checks on book cost, income, investment gains/losses, cash balances, holdings, FX gains/losses and other relevant records as appropriate.
· Systems support and development - involvement in the development of the private equity investment system. This will include data analysis, data validation and data cleansing. There may also be opportunities to contribute towards the development of new system functionality, new report development and testing of system enhancements and new versions of software.
In addition to the above core responsibilities, the role may also involve supporting others in delivering the following aspects of the Operations teams remit;
· Project initiatives - provide assistance with various project work streams.
· Checking and production of quarterly capital statements - as directed by senior operations team colleagues check information provided by external administrators for disclosure in the quarterly capital statements for limited partnership investors.
· New product initiatives - provide support on new product initiatives to ensure that all relevant accounting and operational issues are fully considered during the launch of new products.
· Investment and Marketing support - assist the investment and marketing directors on operations related tasks relating to fund and direct investments.
· Procedures Manuals - assist in the production of departmental procedures manuals covering all key aspects of the teams remit.
Background of the Operational Analyst:
· Experience in an investment administration or analytical role in the financial services industry is desirable
· University degree preferred but not essential
· Private equity accounting/administration experience would be desirable but not essential
· Strong PC skills, particularly MS Excel
· Analytical skills - able to visualise, articulate and solve problems and make sensible decisions based on available information.
· Attention to detail - takes a thorough approach when analysing and entering data.
· Team work - is supportive of colleagues and is willing to share ideas and listen to others.
· Planning & organising - schedules daily work and does not rely on others to prioritise activities.
· Client focus - maintains focus on client needs at all times and is flexible when trying to meet and exceed client expectations.
· Tenacity - copes well with high volumes of work and thrives in a fast paced work environment.
· Preference for Action - takes ownership for work and will see things through.
· Responsibility - demonstrates a strong work ethic and takes initiative to meet client needs. Looks for opportunities to create value for the client.
· Information gathering - knows where to get relevant information from and will make use of all available sources.
· Communicating & influencing - explains things clearly whether verbally or in writing in an appropriate style and tone.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Investment Operations candidate to join a globally recognised business. For more information please contact Christopher Paine on 0131 473 4910 or forward your CV to email@example.com