- To work with the Global Compliance department to promote an organisational culture committed to integrity, ethical conduct and compliance with the law, and by implementing standards, policies and procedures that provide reasonable assurance that the Asia-Pacific region achieves its financial, operational and strategic objectives in a manner consistent with its local compliance and regulatory obligations and with TRH's overarching compliance mandate.
- Liaise with relevant regulatory bodies within the APAC region with the inclusion of regulatory enquries and survey coordination.
- Participate in Global Conference Calls.
- Maintain money laundering training for all staff, with periodic training presentations for new staff, and annual renewal training presentations for all.
- Support and develop the risk management framework and culture within the APAC region from updating key risk management policies in line with company appetite, to monitoring risk responsibilities across offices ensuring consistency with company's overall risk management strategy.
- To maintain the Risk Registers and other processes and procedures which enable all Asia-Pacific offices to identify, assess, manage, monitor and report the risks to which they are or might be exposed to.
- To oversee the education of Risk Management across the APAC offices.
- To coordinate Emerging Risks management with the Global Risk Management Department.
- Work together with both the global and local risk management departments to ensure the preparation and delivery of information and reports to senior management are accurate and precise.
Internal Audit/SOX testing:
- If required, subject to meeting certain income thresholds, maintain the quality of documentation so as to fully satisfy SOX and any other regulatory requirements for the branches within the Asia-Pacific region
- Work with internal audit to ensure a calculated approach to the invigilation of the adequacy of risk control measures, including migratory controls and procedures in the Asia-Pacific offices.
- Bachelor degree within related field and insurance specific qualifications. CPA/Legal qualifications highly sought after.
- 6-8 years' relevant general insurance experience.
- Ability to work independently with good communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Strong communication skills both written and spoken in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.