Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of AB&C Specialist.
In this role, you will:
- Keeping abreast of legislative changes as they affect the UK and international AB&C regimes
- Completing Compliance Risk Assessments (CRAs) in respect of specific AB&C risks drawing on the experience and knowledge of the local FCC team and with the active participation of senior management.
- Preparing reports on AB&C findings and monitoring progress and achievements to inform key stakeholders, to include the local FCC teams of the outcome of monitoring and review work, including rating findings and assigning owners/actions.
- Timely producing of high quality Management Information (MI) to include specialist reports as required.
- Monitoring changes to business practices and products to ensure that Compliance monitoring plans for AB&C are adjusted adequately to cover them.
- Assisting with the delivery of objectives in line with organisational strategy - implement local communications strategy for standards, systems and policies on AB&C topics.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of an understanding of the relevant AB&C legislation and guidance
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- Plan projects and activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem solving techniques
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. Entirely new from the ground up, HSBC UK's head office is opening in Birmingham. The location of this role will move to our new state of the art offices at 2 Arena Central during 2018.
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the role, on an ongoing basis if they remain in such a role. This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role, if you require more information on the additional checks see HR FIM>Appendices>Appendix Two - Combined Vetting Checks to be Undertaken.
For further details and application information please click "Apply" or visit our careers site, searching under reference 00008TVM.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.