Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
In this position you will play a pivotal role as a part of the KYC Controls team with the key focus of the role is to cover the controls against money laundering and terrorist financing for different entities of Nomura in the region. The requirements for compliance are conferred by regulations and guidelines in different countries which will allow you to gain hands on exposure into different jurisdictions within the Asia ex Japan region.
- Perform KYC on new and existing clients according to internal KYC/AML requirements and regulatory requirements
- Perform due diligence on Global Markets, Prime Brokerage and Investment Banking clients
- Liaise with Client Onboarding Team and Sales Desk to obtain the required KYC documents and information
- Validate the documents and information received and liaise with Compliance on Enhanced Due Diligence
- Work with KYC checker to complete the KYC
- Work closely with Client Onboarding Team, Sales Desk and Compliance to resolve issues
- Provide regional support for queries and escalation from Business and stakeholders
- Prior experience in KYC, account opening or operations experience in an investment bank or a financial service firm
- Good understanding of Global Markets, Prime Brokerage and IBD is preferred
- Strong attention to attention and ability to work within a high pressured environment
- Good communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation