My client, a tier 1 investment bank, is seeking a highly organised, analytical individual with Strong commercial and product experience for all vanilla trading products, and 5+ years financial services experience, to join their team as IB Front Office Controls Testing - VP grade.
The team is a Front Office team, established to implement and maintain a best in class control framework. Responsibilities extend to all the Investment Bank, covering the Markets, Research and Banking businesses.
The group focuses on a number of key elements:
* Operational Risk Management, including Risk and Control Self Assessment process
* Front to Back framework of controls
* Governance, Policies and Standards
* Controls Testing.
* Conduct Risk & Conflicts of Interest
Overall purpose of role
The IB Front Office Controls Testing Team will provide independent, valued and timely assurance to supervisors and Senior Management over the effectiveness of governance, risk management
Controls Testing is the planned, systematic, documented programme of independent checking to evaluate and evidence the extent to which internal controls are operating effectively; risk is being effectively
managed; and compliance with laws and regulations and the Firm's policy and procedures has been established.
The Controls Testing team will also undertake, from time to time, investigations when incidents and events arise.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Undertake periodic product and thematic reviews across the Investment Bank, challenging control design and control operating effectiveness.
Develop strong and productive working relationships with senior Front Office management to ensure they understand their risks and have controls and processes in place to manage those risks.
Challenge the completion of operational risk and control self-assessments.
Review how issues identified are resolved and whether actions taken are suitable and sustainably implemented.
Work with the Front Office Supervisor team in providing opinions and views on the status of controls in the various asset classes across the front office.
* Have a strong understanding of Markets (trade products) and Investment Banking products within a top tier financial institution.
* An excellent understanding of modern governance, risk and control assessment techniques.
* Extensive experience in a front office supervisor role, internal audit, operational risk management or related
* disciplines, in the financial services industry.
* Strong networking & senior stakeholder management skills and able to negotiate and influence effectively.
* Good organization, planning and project management abilities.
* Thorough understanding of the key market, credit and operational risks operating across each asset class operating in a major FI trading floor.
* Excellent communication abilities with well-developed report writing skills (including excellent presentational skills).
* The role may involve overseas travel as needed
* The highest level of integrity, trust & confidentiality
* Well-developed critical/analytical faculties
* Strong communicator with well-developed people skills
* Strong data synthesizer
* Strong team builder, drives performance
* Highly motivated/self-starter who can work without supervision
Risk and Control Objective [This section is mandatory for all role profiles and must not be deleted]
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards
* Bachelor's degree
* 5+ years financial services experience
* 5+ years' experience in a front office supervisor role, internal audit, operational risk management or related disciplines, in the financial services industry
* Strong commercial and product experience for all vanilla trading products
* Broad experience with investment banking products
* Very strong organization, planning and project management abilities.
* Strong understanding of the key market, credit and operational risks operating across each main asset class operating in a major trading floor and IBD business.
* Excellent communication abilities with well-developed report writing skills and presentational skills).
* Commercial awareness and product knowledge for exotic trading products
* Experience of working in a major front office IB environment.
* Thorough knowledge of relevant PC packages, e.g. Word, Power Point & Excel.
ACA or equivalent qualification / Audit / Risk Qualification