Division: Anti-Financial Crime
Team: Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU)
Title: Anti-Financial Crime Jacksonville FIU Lead
Corporate Title: Director
As a leading global bank with roots in Germany, we're driving change and innovation in the industry – championing integrity, sustainable performance and innovation with our clients, and redefining our culture and relationships with each other.
Working closely with the business, compliance professionals ensure that our risk based programme is both globally effective and locally anchored to our key divisional businesses. As an independent and robust second level control function, the Anti-Financial Crime department seeks to protect Deutsche Bank from potential financial and reputational losses incurred by financial crimes by assessing, controlling, and mitigating risks.
Deutsche Bank (DB) is committed to the highest standards of Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Embargo, and Anti-Fraud Bribery and Corruption (AFBC) and wider Financial Crime (collectively referred to as AFC) prevention. The Management and all employees are required to adhere to these standards to prevent DB and our reputation from those who may intend to use our products and services for money laundering, bribery, corruption, fraud and/or Terrorist Financing (CTF) purposes.
The position is based in Jacksonville, FL and will report locally to the Head of Compliance & Anti-Financial Crime Jacksonville and functionally to the US Head of the Financial Intelligence Unit.
The Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) is accountable for:
- Risk based monitoring of transactions from all business units and asset classes against money laundering and terrorist financing including the relevant underlying predicate offences
- Investigating transactions alerted by transaction monitoring systems, from businesses, or any other source to identify potential suspicious activity.
- Responding to law enforcement and intelligence agency queries as required
- Conducting cross-border and major case AML investigations
- Manage the Jacksonville based FIU team of over 100 employees
- Work with the regional and global FIU team and FIU Change team to support the design of a target operating model for the FIU and adjust it according to the needs of the various countries
- Implementation and build out of an effective US FIU (people, process) in alignment with the regional and global Anti-Financial Crime operating model
- Develop organization structure to have effective AML Transaction Monitoring, Investigations, SAR and enhance internal controls, including standards of conduct, integrity and ethical behavior
- Ensure global standards are implemented and that there is open communication between the jurisdictions to ensure the consistency of processes
- Assist with any new development of rules and controls for AML / CTF that will enable the delivery of a sound Investigation FIU
- Act as an AML / CTF Subject Matter Expert (SME), especially around investigations and the AML / CTF trending and typologies
- Work with the Data Mining & Analytics team to implement a proactive Analytics & Intelligence capability designed to utilize internal and external data to derive potential suspicious activity, provide actionable intelligence to Investigations and AML/CTF Compliance leadership and deliver relevant data for risk-based decision making.
- Develop emerging risks intelligence capability that proactive mines open source data and determine internal threat exposure (i.e. Panama Papers)
- Enhance the current Investigations function to focus on proactive risk management, develop business / customer expertise, become a key partner (where applicable) to law enforcement and create timely and complete regulatory disclosures
- Assess and implement jurisdictional appropriate support models to meet in country regulatory requirements and ability to provide "follow the sun" business support
- Develop detail metrics and reporting to manage operational efficiency of AML/CTF FIU as well as provide key stakeholders fact based Key Process and Key Risk Indicators for senior management and board decisions
- Transform the Transaction Monitoring and investigations program into a risk based client centric unit
- Ensure consistent well documented and high quality investigations and SARs
- Identify tool and approaches to make the investigations more effective and efficient
- Build a team of well-trained investigators
Requirements (Education, Experience & Key Competencies):
- MBA or Law Degree preferred
- 10+ years professional experience in AML or related functions
- Experience managing AML Transaction Monitoring programmes
- Understanding one or more of the business areas of investment banking, corporate banking, trade finance, asset management, and / or wealth management
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive in your approach to tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent knowledge of AML Transaction Monitoring systems particularly Oracle Mantas