| Job Description |
At Wells Fargo, our vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. As a manager, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. In your role as a manager, you will also demonstrate leadership by building and sustaining an inclusive culture that values diversity, and helping your team understand and be inspired by their connections to the Vision & Values of Wells Fargo. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
Manages all functions of a retail banking branch. The primary objective is to serve the customers total financial service needs resulting in greater market share. This is accomplished by creating a vital organization, promoting teamwork with partners and other corporate departments. Creates, trains, and coaches a successful team through the development of staff as a competitive advantage. Responsible for effective staff salary administration and rewards. Develops and administers budgets, business development, performance objectives, staffing models, schedules and performance standards. Guidelines: The branch manager level is determined by valuing a number of key branch measurements.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network and is a different email address than the one you originally used when you joined WF. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.
- 2+ years of experience assessing and meeting the needs of customers and/or solving customer problems
- 2+ years of experience in retail or financial services
- 1+ year of leadership experience including coaching, training or mentoring
- Ability to effectively manage time and competing priorities in a retail environment
- Ability to go above and beyond standard job responsibilities
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels; where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Experience complying with policies and procedures
- Experience analyzing financial metrics
- Experience developing strategic partnerships
- Experience leading, motivating, coaching, training, and developing a team to meet performance objectives
- Experience leading and motivating others in a work, military, or other formal organization
- Good communication skills including speaking clearly, succinctly, and accurately while using a pleasant tone and common conversational courtesies
- High motivation with ability to successfully meet individual and team objectives while maintaining individual performance over the long term
- Knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations pertaining to the banking industry
- Knowledge and understanding of retail compliance controls, risk management, and loss prevention
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to present to multiple levels of management
- Management experience in a small or start-up branch office
- An AA/AS degree or higher in business or finance
- Experience leading or participating in events and activities for local networks or professional organizations, such as the chamber of commerce, professional business groups, or chapters of national organizations such as the United Way
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed or scheduled
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
NJ-Hoboken: 2 14th St - Hoboken, NJ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.